Research Manager - Greenville, SC
Greenville Area Development Corporation (GADC) – Greenville, SC
The Research Manager is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks that supports the project management/business recruitment staff in the areas of project activity, site and building database, economic development website, and research and marketing support. Manages all research efforts including but not limited to the compilation of data/reports and assisting with projects as assigned. Position reports to the Senior Vice President.
Job Duties include:
- Works closely with Project Managers on economic development projects
- Builds and maintains information, performs basic research, and analyzes information pertaining to the Greenville area
- Conducts research and assists with the completion of RFIs for economic development leads
- Prepares reports, conducts surveys, makes maps and develops presentations
- Assists in the follow-up to economic development leads generated during marketing efforts
- Acts as liaison to local allies and other economic development agencies in research, marketing, and economic development capacities; maintains relationships
- Maintains and updates the GADC’s website and sites and buildings database
- Monitors all marketing collateral for consistent accurate content; creates additional collateral as needed
- Stays abreast of new technologies
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in business, public administration, economic development, economics, urban or regional planning, finance, international relations or related field. Mastered degree preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Geographic Information Systems, Customer Relationship Management software, and publishing software.
- Core competencies should include strong computer skills, strong oral and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, database management skills, critical thinking and problem solving, proven analytical aptitude, demonstrated success of working with groups and independently, ability to effectively prioritize and execute programs and initiatives in a high-pressure environment.
- Economic development-related experience preferred.
All applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. No calls, please. Position open until filled.