Code of Ethics
As a member of the Southern Economic Development Council, I pledge to adhere to the following principles:
- To maintain personal integrity in all relationships with my professional associates and the corporate and private citizens whom I serve, and to conduct myself in such a manner as to inspire the confidence those I serve.
- To elevate the standards of my profession by maintaining high levels of service and conduct, striving continually to enhance the professional image of the industrial/economic development field.
- To continue to acquire and to share my knowledge of the industrial/economic development with others, supporting efforts to further proficiency in this field.
- To refrain from taking undue advantage of situations that may arise from disasters or other cataclysmic events within a community, region or state.
- To keep my objectives and activities in full accord with the principles of free enterprise and the enhancement of industrial/economic development as a profession.