Research Analyst - Greater Memphis Chamber,
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Economic Development
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Vice President of Business Intelligence
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: The Research Analyst serves as a primary resource for market research and analysis within the Greater Memphis Chamber. The purpose of this position is to gather, analyze, summarize and communicate business, demographic and economic information maintained by the Business Intelligence division for economic development purposes.
- Assist with maintaining departmental datasheets for industries, economic data, demographics and other
- Maintain all departmental lists including closings & downsizings, press releases, company data, internal contact lists and any other information as
- Effectively prioritize with the Project Research Manager to execute responses to economic development Requests for Information (RFI) and or Requests for Proposals (RFP) from site selection consultants, individual prospects/companies, Tennessee Economic and Community Development and Chamber staff, TVA,
- Generate new content used to support targeted industry-specific business development Help to create and regularly update collateral highlighting the region’s strengths in the priority business sectors/clusters.
- Communicate data through charts, graphs and trend analyses using various computer software
- Provide up-to-date data for use within all Chamber publications and
- Maintain the inventory of base market research located on both the internal network and
- Assist the Project Research Manager in the collection of the ACCRA Cost of Living
- In concert economic development team, develop expertise in showcasing the region’s competitive advantages in the key areas of workforce availability, operating costs, infrastructure, and quality of place. Integrate that knowledge into the development of custom project proposals, presentations and other
- Regularly manage and input data into the Tennessee Valley Authority’s sites and real estate
- Other duties as assigned
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SPECIAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business Analytics, or related fields with a strong interest in Marketing, Branding, and
- 0-3 year of experience and/or prior experience in a market research
- Strong familiarity with datasets from the United States Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and other data sources used in community and economic
- Demonstrable knowledge of data collection methods and techniques, as well as research project design including research methods and sources, especially for community economic- and workforce-related data
- Multi-task oriented, with the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet multiple
- Outstanding analytical skills with a strong understanding of (and ability to apply)
- Speed and accuracy in making numerical determinations and in performing online
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint in a Windows
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders while maintaining a high level of
- Work is conducted in a typical indoor office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- frequently required to sit, talk, and hear;
- often required to walk;
- regularly uses hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls;
- constantly reaches with hands and arms;
- occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 30 pounds;
- regularly uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested applicants, please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified and interested applicants will be required to complete a Culture Index survey, as a part of the application process.
The Greater Memphis Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Greater Memphis Chamber participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.