Project Manager - Fort Worth Chamber, TX
Specifically, the Project Manager will assist in the chamber’s business attraction and expansion project management efforts aimed at achieving our targeted goals (shown below). This role will provide industry leading client support and customer service throughout the project life cycle, enhancing the Fort Worth area’s probability of success.
Daily activities require the efficient management of multiple tasks including market research, proposal response, monitoring project status, communications with clients and community partners, supporting market visits, and managing the incentive process.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
Prepare professional responses and proposals to project inquirie
Collaborate with local economic development organizations and professionals to execute an efficient and effective lead distribution and the client response process
Identify, create and present quality proposals to local and state governments, as well as the client and/or site selection consultants
Manage the strategy for client follow-up and ongoing project related communications
Support our local economic development partners in effectively and efficiently responding to economic development opportunities
Manage the execution of company and consultant market visits
Assist with the development and maintenance of a network of national location advisors and corporate real estate professionals
Support the business development efforts of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
Assist with the planning and execution of business development missions
Support the effort to identify business growth opportunities within the Fort Worth area
Represent the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce on economic development boards, committees, and in other professional organizations as assigned
Foster and build relationships with key partners, investors and stakeholders throughout the Fort Worth area
Track all relationships, campaigns and project activity in the designated CRM
All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3-5 years of relevant experience in economic development, specifically dealing with both existing industry and new attraction clients
Excellent research and analytical skills
Strong attention to detail
Work effectively in a fast paced team environment
A self-starter with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters is a requirement of this position
The ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally is essential
Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and other CRM, real estate, research and mapping programs
DECISION-MAKING AND ACTION TAKING
Some domestic travel
Moderate noise level
Some lifting of up to 25 pounds
Long periods of sitting
Early morning meetings and evening functions
- Attract targeted and emerging companies and industries by marketing Fort Worth and leveraging, enhancing and developing community assets and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Fort Worth area businesses and governments to identify opportunities for growth, and develop solutions to enrich the environment for existing business success.
- Through the Business Attraction and Retention pillar, help position the profile of Fort Worth as an international city.
- Through the Business Attraction and Retention pillar, help enhance our community’s assets to improve its attractiveness and livability.
STRATEGIC PLAN GOALS THROUGH 2021
- Attract 3 corporate headquarters.
- Attract 2,000 new jobs with wage rate greater than county average.
- Create 2,000 jobs from existing companies with a wage greater than the county average.