Iredell County Economic Development Corporation - Director, Business Development
Iredell County Economic Development Corporation
Director, Business Development
Reports to: President & CEO
Nature of the Position:
This position handles all facets of economic development project management including marketing, prospecting, and recruiting new business to Iredell County through the cultivation of relationships with local, regional, and state economic development partners; real estate representatives; site selection consultants; and company representatives. This position is also responsible for cultivating product development through identification, redevelopment and promotion of available properties and the promotion of new investment in sites for the purpose of speculative development for commercial and industrial space. This position will promote Iredell County Economic Development Corporation (ICEDC), its clients, investors, and community partners in the county, region, and beyond.
Job duties include:
- Respond to requests for information, conduct meetings and site visits, prepare presentations for prospective clients
- Assist with incentive negotiations and contracts
- Work with private landowners and the public sector for potential development of industrial and commercial property
- Support and advise on the infrastructure development, negotiations and marketing of publicly owned industrial development parks
- Build relationships with real estate brokers, developers, and property owners to identify and realize new opportunities for investment
- Build relationships with site selection consultants, economic development allies, and partners, to attract and recruit new investment within targeted industry clusters to Iredell County to enhance the quality of life, create jobs, increase wages, and expand the tax base
- The right candidate will understand the importance of partnership, collaboration, and effective communication
- Must possess strong project management skills, be able to work independently and with multiple partners and team members in a fast-paced multifaceted environment
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or other relevant field, supplemented by 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience, knowledge or familiarity with land development, site development, industrial/office development, and real estate
- Maintains an enthusiastic, self-reliant, and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks effectively and simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 applications with the ability and willingness to learn, and use, new technologies for tracking, communication, collaboration, and efficiency
- Excellent written communication, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to prepare materials, comparative and statistical reports, proposals, marketing materials, presentations, and correspondence
- Adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with tight deadlines or sensitive situations
- Willingness to further education through training course work in economic development as appropriate
Qualified candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and salary minimum expectations by 5 PM on October 23, 2020 to Carrie Holder, Operations Manager, Iredell County Economic Development Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org. A full jobs description with additional detail can be found at https://www.iredelledc.com/about/available-position/
About Iredell County Economic Development Corporation
Iredell County Economic Development Corporation (Iredell EDC) was formed in 2017, as a result of our leaders and communities coming together with a vision to organize our economic development efforts under one county-wide economic development organization. Iredell County Economic Development Corporation is a 501(c)6 private-public partnership dedicated to the growth and success of Iredell County. We work with partners at the local, county, region, and state levels to address business opportunities and challenges to ensure a vibrant business community.
Iredell County is located in the northern part of the Charlotte region, North Carolina and home to the City of Statesville, Town of Mooresville, and Town of Troutman. Iredell is the 14th largest County in the state of North Carolina, with a population of 181,000 and the 13th lowest tax rate in the state, and the lowest tax rate in the Charlotte region. We have a diverse industry base with a mix of agriculture, advanced manufacturing, logistics/distribution, finance, healthcare, and information technology.
For more information please visit, www.iredelledc.com.