Industry & Expansion Manager - Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance
Title: INDUSTRY RETENTION & EXPANSION MANAGER
Reports To: Executive Vice President
CLEDA seeks a bright, energetic, and experienced person to support its Industry Retention and Expansion efforts. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President. This person will be engaged in the retention, expansion, and growth of industry within the ten-parish Central Louisiana region. CLEDA is the primary conduit for delivery of state-supported business and industrial services from Louisiana Economic Development (LED) throughout the region. We also support the activities of the Central Louisiana Manufacturers Managers Council.
The person chosen to manage IRE initiatives will be responsible for:
- Development, coordination, and implementation of a Business Retention and Expansion program
- Along with EVP, implement a visitation program and maintain data from individual visits
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with key industries in the region
- Serve as key contact for local companies to help resolve challenges which hinder growth to industry within the community
- Network with local, state, and regional partners to further the vision of the organization
Coordinate with leadership of the Central Louisiana Manufacturers Managers Council to facilitate meetings, resources, and programs
- Must be willing to complete a minimum of 60 individual, scheduled visits a year
- Two years of economic development, community development, or business development experience or a portfolio of increased and managed growth experience
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of business retention and expansion
- Excellent oral/written communications skills
- Posse a workstyle which is ethical, open, trustworthy and collaborative
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently to carry out assignments without supervision
- Experienced ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Office Location: Alexandria, LA
CLEDA will provide a competitive wage and benefit package commiserate to the selected candidate’s experience and background.
APPLY by e-mail only. Provide your resume, include work history, educational background, references, and other evidence of leadership (along with a cover letter if you prefer) to email@example.com. For additional information on CLEDA, please review our website at www.cenla.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
CLEDA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance (CLEDA) is a regional economic development organization. We act as a catalyst, leader, and connector to build a knowledge- and innovation-driven economy. Our work encompasses the ten-parish (county) region of Allen, Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Natchitoches, Rapides, Vernon, and Winn.
We provide a wide variety of economic development services which include recruitment, retention, and expansion of industry and entrepreneurship; development of knowledge platforms and networks to achieve higher levels of educational and skills attainment; and regional innovation initiatives in entrepreneurship, food systems development, mid-market agriculture outdoor recreation and maker communities. We work with our hands, hearts, intelligence, and creativity. Central Louisiana is where #WeMakeGoodStuff.