Executive Director - Mt. Sterling-Montgomery County Industrial Authority
Mt. Sterling-Montgomery County Industrial Authority and Chamber of Commerce are seeking applications for the position of Executive Director of these organizations.
Resumes may be mailed to:
Executive Director Position, 124 North Maysville Street, Mt. Sterling, Ky 40353 or emailed to: email@example.com. Deadline for submission in Friday, July 31st, 2020.
This position will report to:
Mt. Sterling-Montgomery County Industrial Authority Board of Directors and
Mt. Sterling-Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Lead and direct the economic development efforts for Mt. Sterling and Montgomery County. Oversee and manage all aspects of the Industrial Authority and Chamber of Commerce in an honest and respectful manner as directed by the Board of Directors. Manages staff and is responsible for financial operations of both entities.
- Recruitment and retention of manufacturing, commercial, and service industries
- Strategic planning
- Members services
- Program management
- Economic development
- Infrastructure management and land development
- Public relations
- Office management including bookkeeping, payroll, etc.
- Promote Chamber activities and retention and expansion of membership
- Event planning and educational seminars
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must reside or willing to relocate to Montgomery County
- Must present professionalism in dress, communications and actions
- Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Impeccable integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Must be flexible in irregular work schedule including weeknight events and weekend events
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be an advocate for Mt. Sterling and Montgomery County
- Must be apolitical
- Pre-emptive screening for credit and background check
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or five years or more of experience in Economic Development and Management
- Graduate of Economic Development Institute or other economic education also acceptable
- Negotiable based on experience