Economic Development Manager - Wilton Manors, FL
Position Title: Economic Development Manager
Level / Grade: P4 / 9
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Description of Duties
Under the general direction of the City Manager’s Office, the position creates economic development programs and implements strategies to promote the City as a viable destination for potential businesses and industries, and assists to supplement the vitality and retention of the City’s current businesses. Examples of additional responsibilities include creating, promoting, and supporting economic development initiatives related to commercial, office and industrial development, public facilities and infrastructure, small business development, and capital improvement programs. The position requires broad administrative and management skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
Because it is difficult if not impossible to present a finite list of every possible function to be performed by an employee, the City of Wilton Manors reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify and update this job description and to ask an employee to perform tasks beyond the duties presented herein. In the event a change is necessary to update the essential functions of the job, the City will provide as much notice as practicable to the employee.
- Supervises redevelopment efforts within the City to develop strategic proposals to promote revitalization, diversification, expansion and economic development
- Develops data such as vacant property analysis, building inventories, municipal information packages, and application processes to aid in economic development and redevelopment
- Coordinates efforts for the City with local organizations such as the Wilton Drive Improvement District, Wilton Manors Business Association, Greater Ft. Lauderdale Development Alliance, and local chambers of commerce, neighborhood associations,
and visitor bureaus
- Works with other agencies to obtain funds for economic development and redevelopment including, County, State, and Federal agencies
- Conducts business retention visits and compiles, analyzes, and reports data on trends and provides recommendations as to programs or policies to assist in business support
- Assists in site analysis by preparing information packets, working with developers, realtors and area landowners, researching properties and businesses, and participating
in the facilitation of prospect tours
- Designs and implements marketing and outreach materials to ensure public exposure to program offerings through print publication design, web site editing, social media,
e-newsletters, direct mail, and other applicable mediums
- Identifies funding sources for programs; participates in writing and administering grants
- Identifies and recruits likely business prospects, responds to new business inquiries,
and aggressively markets suitable sites to such business prospects
- Promotes the creation of job opportunities and private capital investment and improvements within the City
- Performs related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Any combination of training and experience which would provide required knowledge, skills, and abilities are qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Bachelor’s degree in economic development, urban planning, public administration, marketing, or a related field; five (5) years of experience in economic or community development, commercial development, or business assistance and retention experience; strong demonstrated writing and communication skills.
Master’s degree in economic development, urban planning, public administration, marketing, or a related field; ten (10) years of experience in economic or community development, commercial development, or business assistance and retention experience; three (3) years of experience working for a municipal government similar to the size and scope of Wilton Manors.
How to Apply: Please visit http://www.wiltonmanors.com/