Director, Investor Relations and Engagement position - Greenville, NC
Established in 2019, the Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance (ENC Alliance) is a newly formed 501c (3) non-profit economic development organization. The mission of the ENC Alliance is to market the region, support new, existing, and start-up businesses, develop community assets, maximize opportunities for investment, and enhance quality of life by engaging the private and public sectors in a collaborative economic development program.
The organization is funded through the support of investors from the private and public sectors. The vision for the ENC Alliance is to achieve a dynamic business climate resulting in stable, quality jobs and opportunities allowing residents to live fulfilling lives in a thriving place.
The ENC Alliance is currently seeking to fill the Director, Investor Relations and Engagement position.
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary and some weekends may be required. The position works primarily out of the ENC Alliance office located in downtown Greenville. Any necessary travel will primarily be within the Greenville Pitt County area, although occasional travel out of the region and State may be required.
Examples of Typical Work Performed by This Position:
The following duties are typical for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for:
- Formulating short and long-term fundraising goals for the ENC Alliance in support of the organization’s mission, vision and strategic plan;
- Developing actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding fundraising goals through private and public financial support, grants, and fundraising campaigns and events;
- Developing and implementing annual fundraising plan and budgeting in consultation with the CEO. Establishing benchmarks and evaluating progress against past-year performance and budget goals on a quarterly basis;
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate and public sector investors. Reviewing and approving solicitations, proposals and other communications prepared for investors to ensure quality and accuracy. Leading the cultivation and solicitation of new investors;
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Marketing to create and oversee the ENC Alliance Annual Meeting of Investors.
- Working with the CEO to develop and execute strategies to pro-actively engage investors in the mission of the ENC Alliance.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economic Development, Finance, Public Administration or equivalent related discipline.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in development fundraising, with a focus on corporate solicitation and capital campaigns.
- Verifiable track record of fundraising success, especially in the upgrading of financial supporters.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, expand, and support a diverse base of investors.
- Experience in applying for and securing funding from state and federal grants, as well as private foundations.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with high-level executives, public administrators, elected officials, staff and board members.
- Proven strategy development, strategy implementation, project management and critical thinking skills.
- A strong leader with high emotional intelligence, with the ability to assert influence throughout the organization.
- Tech savvy - must be comfortable with technology (i.e. electronic communication, websites, social media, apps, and online tools, etc.)
- Must be reliable, self-motivated with solid, hands-on, leadership qualities.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure, and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to convey the mission and vision of the ENC Alliance strategic future to the board, investors and community.
Special License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid NC driver’s license.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon passing a physical examination including a drug/alcohol screening and a comprehensive background check. To ensure consideration, a completed Greenville Utilities application must be received in the Human Resources Office. Interested persons can contact the Human Resources Office at (252) 551-1513 if you have any questions. Our office is located on 801 Mumford Road, Greenville, NC.
Online applications only accepted through GUC website at www.careers.guc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Greenville Utilities Commission participates in E-Verify