Director, Financial Operations - Virginia Economic Development Partnership
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced financial operations individual to help build, lead, and manage a new world-class Workforce Solutions Division within VEDP. The goal is to create a top ranked program to compete with the existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The core deliverables will be new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company’s unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite which includes training in leadership, collaboration skills, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge industry technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years.
The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Workforce Solutions. In addition to leading and managing the program’s financial operations, the Director will be a key member of the division’s executive team, helping to mold the strategies, operating model, staff and culture of this new organization.
- Develop budgets and monitor spending
- Hire and lead a small support staff responsible for processing purchase orders, vendor payments, budget updates and productivity report,
- Help design, develop and administer information systems to ensure the efficient tracking of spending, contract work, workflow, project activity and key performance metrics.
- Oversee execution, management and processing of payments for contracts
- Collaborative and operationally-minded manager who is highly supportive of innovation initiatives, and can also leverage opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- At least 5 years of experience in a role coordinating an organization’s budgeting and finance operations
- Project leadership and management, working within external/internal cross-functional teams
- Division/department management, resource allocation, and project delegation
- Operational performance management and reporting
- Experience assessing financial and productivity information needs and systems. Experience with learning management systems a plus.
- Private-sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firm(s)
- Familiarity with State purchasing and budgeting systems is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Application deadline: July 5, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120