Chief Economic Development Officer - Springfield, TN
The Robertson County Economic Development Board, officed in Springfield, TN, is seeking a Chief Economic Development Officer, to succeed the current officer who is retiring on December 31, 2022.
The Robertson County Economic Development Board is the agency tasked with economic and tourism development for Robertson County and its various municipalities. The CEDO serves as staff to the Robertson County Economic Development Board and coordinates all activity with this 9-member Board of Directors. The CEDO reports to the RCEDB who set salary, benefits and program of work. The CEDO also manages and supervises the activities of an assistant director (position description available on request) who serves as the primary staff for the tourism development, workforce development and business retention programs of the RCEDB.
The RCEDB seeks to hire for this position no later than August 31, 2022 to provide a transition period with the outgoing officer.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direction and supervision of all administrative functions and operations of the RCEDB
and its staff.
- Review all invoices for submission to the Chair for approval and payment.
- Prepares annual operating budget for final approval by RCEDB.
- Manage and oversee hotel/motel tax receipts and distribution to qualified municipalities.
- Establishment, implementation, and maintenance of programs for the recruitment of new investment and job creation.
- Investigation and development of potential industrial sites.
- Oversee all publicity and media relations, including website, Facebook and Twitter accounts, in coordination with Assistant Director.
- Maintain regular local speaking engagements.
- Coordinate economic development matters with county and municipal officials.
- Explore opportunities for collaborative efforts with regional and state economic development allies including the TN ECD, Nashville Area Chamber, MTIDA, and TVA.
- Pursue incentive and grant opportunities through grant, loan, and tax programs offered by the State of Tennessee, TVA and other agencies/programs, and coordinate efforts with local units of government.
- Coordinate with municipal efforts in retail and restaurant recruitment and manage county-wide responses to inquiries.
- Coordinate and implement entrepreneurship assistance and grant programs.
- Staff and assist Springfield Industrial Development Board. Assist with economic development efforts for the City of Springfield.
- Coordinate and assist with efforts of the White House IDB and Portland IDB as needed.
- Serve on Robertson County Joint Economic and Community Development Board.
- Maintain knowledge base of available, privately-owned industrial and commercial properties.
- Represent Robertson County and the RCEDB at local, regional and national organizations.
- Bachelors degree, economic development certification or training in progress preferred.
- Experience in an economic development organization.
- Willingness to relocate to Robertson County, Tennessee within a reasonable time frame.
- Knowledgeable in current public relations, public administration and organizational management practices
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and reliable business professional. Position demands high productivity and the ability to problem solve in short time periods
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a personal commitment to excellence
- Strong communication skills written and oral, and experience presenting information
- Experience working in a collaborative manner
- Ability to provide responsive and professional customer service
- Must be able to maintain discretion with regard to confidential or sensitive information that is part of the economic development process
Interested applicants should forward their resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org