Central SC Alliance Director of Business Recruitment - Columbia, SC
Central SC Alliance Director of Business Recruitment
This position manages business recruitment initiatives for the Central SC Alliance (CSCA) and is the main point of contact for all leads. This team member is responsible for developing, directing and executing programs for business attraction and recruitment in coordination with our member counties and staff. This person is expected to maintain internal databases for detailed, accurate and timely tracking and reporting of the outcomes on the complete portfolio of attraction, prospecting and lead generation activities. Secondary duties include all project management related activities for projects generated by CSCA.
This position reports directly to the President & CEO and VP for Operations & Economic Development and is expected to be an innovative self-starter that is mostly self-directed with broad guidance and approvals from management. All work should be done in-line with the organization’s current goals and strategic plan.
- Plan, develop and execute the organization’s business recruitment program in-line with the current organizational goals and strategic plan
- Proactively pursue target industries’ companies domestically and internationally as outlined by our strategic plan and needs of the region and its members
- Develop and execute (whether attending the mission or not) the organization’s marketing missions (domestic and international) as related to lead generation. This includes tradeshows, FAM tours, SC Department of Commerce (SCDOC) & CSCA missions, etc
- Develop and execute webinars for business recruitment
- Maintain an ongoing up-to-date Marketing Calendar for CSCA that includes SCDOC and other relevant events
- Maintain the organization’s leads database including related companies, contacts and events
- Create and maintain reporting mechanisms from the database for all activities related to lead generation and prepare reports for staff, board and members as needed utilizing the CRM system
- Scheduling meetings (in-person, conference calls and video meetings) with leads and executing on related follow-up
- Research, identify and develop new sources for lead generation, including allies and firms focused on lead generation, both domestic and international
- Create and maintain relationships with lead generation firms and allies, site selectors, consultants, commercial brokers, developers, regional stakeholders, utility partners, and prospective companies.
- Assist where needed in the organizations digital marketing and print efforts as related to lead generation
- Develop and maintain a lead follow-up system and perform related follow-up activities
- Work with staff to develop materials needed for lead generation interactions in a clear and timely manner
- Remain current on economic conditions, economic development programs, and other key industrial/business trends.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver assistance, information and services to leads and prospects including: marketing and community information, custom proposals, sites and facilities, incentives, permitting, workforce development, briefings, site visits, property showings, networking and other assistance necessary to recruit and retain companies.
- Represent the Central SC Region at various events as needed
- Share relevant information gained with staff and member counties to keep everyone well informed
- Ensure staff is well informed of business recruitment activities and upcoming plans
- All other tasks as assigned
- Facilitate the project site location process with state and local allies to maximize new capital investment and employment opportunities in the CSCA Region
- Explore opportunities to facilitate locations of projects in all localities represented by the CSCA
- Develop a strong relationship with prospects by determining their needs and, along with public/private allies, provide information to meet those needs
- Prepare tax illustrations and cost benefit analysis when needed
- Prepare and present project presentations to county councils
- Prepare prospect visit materials and presentations and be able to deliver them effectively
- Online research capabilities and social media experience is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff and external contacts, including the ability to make presentations
- Establish and maintain internal and external relationships and work effectively with local and state public/private investors and allies as well as company executives and allies globally
- Effectively manage multiple projects while utilizing strong organizational skills and prioritizing simultaneous assignments or tasks well
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills who is respectful and willing to assist staff with assigned tasks
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment with minimal supervision
- Detail focused with the ability to analyze data and produce and summarize reports
- Provide excellent customer service with an energetic and positive outlook
- Perform tasks while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt and learn new software applications
- Proficient in Dynamics 365 CRM or comparable applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient in virtual meeting and webinar applications including Zoom, Teams and other comparable applications
- Experience in SharePoint or other comparable work sharing applications
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA or BS Degree required
- 5+ years in prospecting and lead generation, as well as planning and executing domestic and international marketing missions, FAM tours, etc. economic development project management experience a plus.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Frequent domestic and international travel required. Valid driver’s license, passport, reliable transportation and ability to lift at least 50 pounds required.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – Central SC Alliance (CSCA), a regional public/private partnership supporting eight counties and the City of Columbia in the heart of South Carolina.