Vice President of External Affairs - Mississippi County, AR
MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, ARKANSAS
POSITION: Vice President of External Affairs
REPORTS TO: President
Responsible for Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Business Retention & Expansion programming of
• Knowledge of economic development and entrepreneurship principles.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Good organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
• Detailed oriented.
• Professional appearance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, web browsers and Internet search
• Handles all organization and client information confidentially.
• Minimum six years of experience in economic development.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher education.
• Completion of Basic Economic Development Course (BEDC).
• IEDC Certified Economic Developer career pathway required
• Run the Small Business & Entrepreneurship program, including working with small businesses and
entrepreneurs to start up, locate and grow in Mississippi County. This work includes robust outreach
and pursuing the development of an incubator.
• Manage Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) outreach along with strengthening Human
Resource relationships. The purpose of the BR&E is to keep up with the changes in industry,
whether it be red flags or a potential expansion. The purpose of the HR relationship is to grow the
number of industrial supervisors and managers that live in Mississippi County, AR.
• Wage survey and employer roundtables
• Set up and manage CRM for tracking local employer and business attraction outreach.
• Assist with client proposals and Requests for Information (RFIs).
• Create new maps for Mississippi County Industrial Sites
• Website maintenance: The GREDF website desperately needs an uplift into 2020. This is going to
take a lot of time and energy into order to work with the site developer to populate the website.
• Allow citizens to share their compelling stories and positive experience in Miss Co, AR. Helpful for
recruiting new businesses and a great way to distinguish existing employers.
• Act as the press director and write news releases.
• Manage social media messaging for organization.
• Positively support relationships for GREDF and county employers with cities, counties and AEDC.
• Assist with organizing materials and applying for Competitive Communities Initiative.
Attend community events, conduct community outreach, visit schools, and civic club events
INTERESTED PARTIES CAN SUBMIT RESUME TO TEJ26@SBCGLOBAL.NET
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2020