Vice President of Business Development: Greater Richmond Partnership, VA
Vice President of Business Development
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. (GRP) is the lead regional economic development organization for the City of Richmond and the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico in Virginia.
Under the direction of the SVP of Business Development, the VP of Business Development directs one or more major programs and initiatives within the Business Development Division. Activities include responsibility for the programs focused on international and/or domestic business development.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development.
- Develops and coordinates the Greater Richmond Partnership’s international and domestic business development activities, enhances long term relationships, encourages business participation in policy and planning issues, serves as ombudsman, and assists businesses with information to help them make informed site selection decisions.
- Travels on outbound missions, internationally and domestically.
- Partners with the Marketing Division to develop marketing materials and presentations for an array of audiences. Coordinates with the Research Division to provide data and information to send to prospects.
- Coordinates and plans prospect visits. Identifies suitable sites and buildings, provides relevant data, coordinates travel arrangements, schedules and executes itineraries for prospects.
- Builds and maintains coalitions within the region and execute GRP’s strategic plan in conjunction with private investors, public partners and peers.
- Maintains database of domestic and international prospects, key business and economic development leaders and organizations, and other stakeholders in the economic development process.
- As appropriate, serves as staff liaison for the International Advisory Committee, responsible for scheduling, producing minutes, assisting board chair and members with information and policy items for discussion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to work with high level public and private sector officials and maintain effective working relationships.
The successful candidate must be committed to the vision and mission of the organization with a strong sense of excellence. The individual must have a professional presence, excellent business acumen, strong organizational skills and exceptional communication, public speaking and presentation abilities. Personal characteristics will include unwavering integrity, credibility, trustworthiness, and a strong sense of leadership and ethics.
The successful candidate will possess a successful track record in engaging, partnering, and building alliances with a wide range of constituencies that include business and community leaders, elected officials, and the media. The individual must be collaborative and possess a strong sense of political savvy and diplomacy in addressing challenges and identifying opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to negotiate different viewpoints and take appropriate actions to manage outcomes to satisfy various stakeholder interests. The candidate will have strong mental agility to be able to analyze data and synthesize complex concepts.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus three or more years of experience in financial management and administration, banking, community development, economic or business development, or marketing. Other relevant areas of expertise include real estate development, businesses lending, financing, urban economic development, small business assistance, and community development. Education and experience may be substituted one for the other on a year for year basis.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and resolve high level, multi-agency development issues that require innovation, resourcefulness, and a creative problem-solving approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical. Must speak, read, and write English proficiently.
- Advanced computer skills important for communication and presentation materials such as Acrobat, PowerPoint, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Must be able to help shape abstract concepts then produce a definitive product, as well as work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- A Masters or other advanced degree.
- A CEcD issued by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- Comfortable working conditions, handling lightweight, intermittent sitting, standing and walking. Occasional exposure to hazards associated with construction site visits including exposure to multiple-story elevations, cramped quarters, temporary stairs and planks, temperature extremes, dust, noise, power equipment and vehicular traffic.
- Considerable exposure to stressful situations and stress as a result of human behavior and various responsibilities.
- Non-traditional working hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Operates a motor vehicle requiring a standard Virginia Driver’s License to host site visits. Operates a variety of standard office equipment including a personal computer, copier, fax machine, telephone, calculator and based on job assignment may require the performance of other essential and marginal functions.
Compensation and Benefits
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position. Salary for the position is negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Paid Time Off Benefit
- Paid Holidays
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for this outstanding opportunity is March 31, 2020. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Cover letter
- Reference list to include three professional references.
A TEN-YEAR PERSONAL, CRIMINAL AND EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc.
901 E. Byrd Street, Suite 801
Richmond, VA 23219