PRESIDENT /CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER - Bardstown, KY
Nelson County Economic Development Agency
PRESIDENT /CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
POSITION DESCRIPTION - 2024
Under the executive direction of the Nelson County Economic Development Agency (NCEDA) Board, this position assists the NCEDA Board and the NCEDA Partners for Progress in driving economic growth and development in Bardstown and Nelson County. This position will implement strategies and initiatives to attract new businesses and support the growth and retention of existing businesses.
This position will also provide executive management functions, as prescribed by agreement, for the NCEDA Partners for Progress including the Bardstown-Nelson County Chamber of Commerce, Bardstown Industrial Development Corporation (BIDC), Bardstown Mainstreet Program and the Bardstown-Nelson County Tourism and Convention Commission. This position serves as President of the BIDC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the NCEDA Board in developing the strategic direction for the coordination of economic development activities in Bardstown and Nelson County.
- Performs general staff activities for the NCEDA Board, to include financial management, board meeting preparation and follow-up and staff oversight.
- Assists the Boards of participating NCEDA agencies regarding achievement of the objectives within their strategic direction and provides professional expertise, as needed, with the general operational issues of each agency. Responsible for all economic development staff activities within the Chamber, BIDC, Mainstreet and the Tourism Commission. Recommends personnel actions to the Board of each participating agency, including recruitment, selection, promotion, discipline, or dismissal. Works with the Board of participating agencies to best coordinate the staff efforts of each agency most effectively, especially regarding the strategic plan.
- Serves as President of the BIDC, performing all necessary duties in support of the operation of BIDC Board of Directors; to include financial management, staff supervision, research, and analysis. Perform lead staff functions in the recruitment of new industry and expansion of existing industry. Liaison with state, federal, and local governments for the purpose of assisting in the development of financial assistance and/or incentives, and infrastructure provision, related to the siting of industrial prospects. Advise BIDC Board, and other local officials, regarding changes in state, federal, and local laws that affect the community’s ability to attract/expand local industry.
- Represents the NCEDA/BIDC with local, regional, and statewide industrial organizations. Develops relationships with the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development and all related local, state, and federal organizations, regarding economic development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Public Administration, or a related field supplemented by a minimum of 5 years of economic development experience, or related managerial responsibility in a management capacity. Designation as a Certified Economic Development professional.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of laws, practices, and procedures pertaining to community economic development, to include federal, state and local financial assistance and incentive programs. Knowledge of organizational management techniques and practices, to include personnel administration and financial management. The ability to oversee two Boards and run those meetings effectively. Ability to communicate accurately with economic prospects, government officials, businesses, community leaders, citizens, and other entities regarding the economic development activities of NCEDA in Bardstown- Nelson County.
- Knowledge of the issues and factors related to the growth and success of “small” and tourism-related businesses. Ability to perform several diverse functions simultaneously, including the preparation of complex reports, proposals, or any other required documents.
- Must be able to work with the Bardstown Mayor and the City Council, Nelson County Judge and Nelson Fiscal Court and leaders from the other communities in Nelson County.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
-This is an in-office full-time position
-This position is a non-partisan position
-Applicant must be willing to travel
-Applicant must be willing to relocate to Nelson County.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Overtime: Exempt Status
- NCEDA is a non-profit 501-c-6 organization.
Please note that this job description is a general overview and responsibilities may evolve or be modified.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by February 23rd, 2024
NCEDA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.