President & CEO - Northeast Louisiana
NELEA PRESIDENT & CEO JOB DESCRIPTION
The President & CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership to ensure the organization is the leading force in the improvement of the business environment, economic health, and development of Northeast Louisiana. This individual will lead the efforts of NELEA toward economic growth via industry recruitment, business retention/expansion, and more while reporting to the board of directors.
- Take the lead role in mobilizing an engaged business leadership to shape the regional agenda, promote business development, and enhance economic competitiveness.
- Lead, develop, and manage implementation of the organization’s long-range objectives and annual business plan initiatives.
- Work with the Board to optimize achievement of the mission through identifying and recommending solutions and actions for issues faced by the organization.
- Oversee efforts to strategically market and sell the region to business and talent, within target industry sectors, both for recruitment of new industry as well as for the expansion of existing industry.
- Manage implementation of a comprehensive policy and advocacy agenda focused on improving the region’s economic competitiveness, including issues of transportation infrastructure, workforce development, education, and quality of life.
- Accelerate efforts to revitalize the urban core and leverage that expertise for similar efforts around the region.
- Cultivate private- and public-sector investment and cooperation to ensure adequate revenue and funding of operations.
- Provide stewardship of the organization's budget and fiscal performance in relation to strategic goals.
- Serve as the primary spokesman for the organization and wider regional business community.
- Maintain and strengthen regional and statewide partnerships, relationships, and coalitions consistent with the organization’s mission.
- Attract, recruit, and maintain a high-quality professional staff, including maintaining a workplace with clearly defined responsibilities, which promotes teamwork and is accountable for achieving results.
Skills and competencies
- Visionary and energetic leadership, which inspires trust, examines strategic possibilities, and synthesizes a shared vision and strategic direction.
- Ability to mobilize community stakeholders, especially adept at building consensus and inspiring and motivating others to perform.
- Excellent communicator before large audiences and in private settings, with desire to engage the wider business and civic community, and within the political arena.
- Economic development experience and expertise, including a comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of economic development
- Executive mindset, capable of quick absorption of information, broad thinking, thorough analysis, and decisive action.
- Leadership through setting goals and objectives, planning and tracking multiple projects, and holding staff accountable.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal excellence, ethical behavior, and integrity.
Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in an appropriate field. Minimum ten years of direct or combined experience in business, government, and/or non-profit management. Demonstrated experience managing teams and implementing initiatives with multiple stakeholder groups. Business, government, and/or non-profit acumen is preferred.
$120,000 to $140,000