MANAGING DIRECTOR Strategic Projects and Lead Generation Division Richmond, Virginia
Strategic Projects and Lead Generation Division
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership is seeking an experienced economic development professional to serve as Managing Director for its Strategic Projects and Lead Generation team. The position will support the development and implementation of targeted lead generation, site consultant cultivation, and mega project management strategies.
- Provide staff leadership implementing a sector growth strategy for 12 key sectors, including Data Centers, Electric Vehicles, Batteries, Semiconductors, Traditional Automotive, AgTech, Offshore Wind, Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing, Wood Products, Nuclear Energy, Quantum Computing, and MRO
- Support VEDP’s cultivation strategy targeting site selection consultants and other key multiplier relationships that are important sources of inbound leads in collaboration with the sector, marketing and communications, and lead generation teams
- Work with Senior Vice President (SVP) to oversee the strategic planning and execution of VEDP’s Governor-led marketing mission program
- Support SVP, executive leadership, project management, and sector teams with implementing project management strategies for select mega projects considering Virginia
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a team environment and leverage partners in the public and private sectors, including local and regional economic development partners
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively sell and close deals, while effectively providing client support
- Ability to develop and implement a sales and marketing plan on a global level
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan successfully manage multiple projects
- Proficiency in using multiple PC software packages is required
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- 10+ years of economic development experience is preferred
- Considerable executive-level lead generation experience in a corporate business environment or economic development office
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience, as well as proven background in developing and implementing targeted industry lead generation plans to effectively identify economic development opportunities and close deals
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification is a plus
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Frequent overnight travel is required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship.
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/careers. Salary Minimum: $120,000. Application deadline: Open Until Filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.