Greenville ENC Alliance, NC – President/CEO
Greenville ENC Alliance
Job Description – President/CEO
The Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance is a newly formed public-private economic development organization serving the Greenville Pitt County Region.
The CEO of the Greenville ENC Alliance promotes Pitt County as a preferred location for new, expanding, and start-up business, residents, and tourists. The President/CEO is responsible for building a solid foundation that supports economic growth including implementing a program of work, acting as a liaison between business and local government agencies, supporting and implementing policy, and managing the organization and staff.
The President/CEO reports to the Greenville ENC Alliance Board of Directors. The CEO will work with and be a liaison to local and state economic development agencies and organizations to guide the economic development efforts for Pitt County.
Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance will market the region, support new, existing, and start-up businesses, develop community assets, maximize opportunities for investment, and enhance the quality of life by engaging the private and public sectors in a collaborative economic development program.
Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance will achieve a dynamic business climate resulting in stable, quality jobs and opportunities allowing residents to live fulfilling lives in a thriving place.
- Build a staff
- Develop Budgets
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders
- Develop and execute an economic development strategic plan
- Develop and execute a marketing plan
- Develop and track organizational metrics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a catalyst for sustainable economic growth in Pitt County that will maintain and create jobs and grow the tax base.
- Maintain an updated Economic Development Strategic Plan with goals, objectives, and tasks and implement the plan.
- Work with existing business and industries to identify potential markets for goods and services and assist in the expansion of the existing business.
- Market and promote Greenville ENC for new business, start-ups, and talent recruitment through various marketing tools and strategies.
- Through partner agencies, support the development of assets such as infrastructure, transportation, positive business climate, and amenities.
- Support area education and workforce development agencies and programs by advocating for current and future workforce needs from business and industry.
- Represent and serve as a lead spokesperson for the organization in internal and external communications.
- Identify available land, sites, and buildings suitable for business development and lead site preparation and development.
- Maintain stakeholder relations to sustain private sector investment.
- Work with individual municipalities to identify specific growth strategies and support the development and implementation of the strategies.
- Coordinate economic development activities between local and state partner organizations
- Initiate and assist in the application for federal or state grants and loans for economic development projects in Pitt County.
- Conduct research and analysis of pertinent economic development topics.
- Be responsible for overall organizational administration and finances including the development of a budget for Board approval, including overall control and audit of the approved budget, ensuring revenue targets are met, approval of expenditures, and authority to sign checks.
- Prepare reports and organizational metrics for the Board.
- Be responsible for hiring and supervising staff.
- Serve as the chief advisor to Board of Directors providing expert advice and counsel in formulating organizational policies, plans, and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills Required: The skills and abilities needed to be successful include leadership, strong written and oral communications abilities, relationship building, organizational and financial skills, accountability, and approachability.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree and/or Certified Economic Developer credential preferred.
- Seven years or more of experience in economic development, business, or related activities.
- Proven track record as a leader in economic development, business, or related field.
- Ability to interact and communicate with elected officials, business leaders, community leaders, and citizens.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, small-office environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Proficient with computers, office programs, communications technology, and social media.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willing/able to travel.
- Must be a resident of or willing to relocate to Pitt County.
- Salary – Based on qualifications and experience -$150,000-$225,000 (Plus potential performance bonus)
- Benefits – Health Insurance, Retirement Contribution, Job-Specific Continuing Education and Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement
- Interested Applicants should apply using this job portal: http://careers.guc.com
- Initial Interviews to occur July 30-August 1, 2019
- Second Round of Interviews August 20-22, 2019
- For more information about the position, contact Kathy Howard, (252) 551-1475