Executive Director - Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance
Executive Director, Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance (Coosa and Tallapoosa Counties, Alabama)
Salary range: $85,000-$125,000 depending on experience
Benefits include: Retirement benefits through County employment, BCBS Health Insurance Coverage, Performance based bonus, Company car for work related activities, Willow Point Golf and Country Club organization membership for entertaining prospects, office/meeting space at Central Alabama Community College
- Proactively engage in Industrial development lead generation.
- Attract and assist in locating domestic and international businesses, to include the development of comprehensive incentive packages.
- Respond to proposals and inquiries by companies, consultants, state allies and others looking for available land or buildings in Coosa and/or Tallapoosa County.
- Organize and lead LMAEDA’s existing industry expansion initiatives.
- Assist in the planning, development and redevelopment of industrial/commercial parks, buildings and infrastructure related to such parks and facilities including speculative buildings.
- Develop and implement long and short-range strategies, policies, plans and initiatives to promote economic development and industry recruitment.
- Coordinate community assessments countywide.
- Maintain continuous engagement with national, state, county and local organizations, agencies, boards and authorities involved in economic development, including participation in state and national level workshops and conferences.
- Solicit development proposals and negotiate development contracts and plans with private developers.
- Actively engage in community outreach efforts.
- Build and sustain relationships and initiatives that fund economic development efforts.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Board.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration, Marketing or related field from an accredited university.
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive local or regional economic development experience.
- Must demonstrate success of recruitment and retention of industries in communities of past service along with excellent negotiation skills.
- Must possess the ability to build consensus and develop productive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
The deadline for submission is February 7, 2020. For more information on the position and how to apply, please see the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION link on our website at www.lakemartineda.com
Or call Denise Walls at 256-215-4404