Executive Director - Jacksboro, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION – Jacksboro Economic Development Corporation
Salary Range: $70
- $85,000 includes benefits package
Reports to: Board of Directors of the Jacksboro Economic Development Corporation (JEDC).
Position summary: Serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization. Provides the ultimate
administrative and management function to the organization. Areas of primary focus include design
and implementation of the strategic plan; formation, approval and management of the annual budget
and other funding sources; and interaction with the Board, staff, City Council and Chamber of
Commerce within the boundaries of JEDC, and the public. Serves at the direction of the Board of
Directors of JEDC.
Training/Experience Level: Successful completion of Economic Development Institute and/or Institute
Organization Management. Educational background at the collegiate level with course work in
communications, marketing, and/or business administration preferred. Sufficient years of practical
experience to demonstrate a successful track record in economic development management.
Certification: Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) as designated by the International Economic
Development Council or Professional Community Economic Developer (PCED) as designated by the
Community Development Council is preferred. Business Retention & Expansion (BREC/BREP) as
designated by Business Retention & Expansion International is also preferred.
Hours/Days of Work: This is an exempt position that will require the need to work beyond what is
considered a normal workday/week. This position sometimes requires extensive weekend and "after
hours" work to successfully implement the planned programs. This position sometimes required
extensive travel, both in and out of the boundaries of JEDC, for varying periods of time.
• Communications - Demonstrates the skills to communicate effectively with internal and external
audiences including prospects, Board of Directors, City Council and Chamber of Commerce within the
JEDC boundaries, staff, and the public.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and make effective presentations.
• Interpersonal - Demonstrates the ability to interact with individuals and groups in a cooperative
and collaborative manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop consensus and handle adversity.
• Financial - Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to effectively manage and provide accurate
reports on the budget and financial transactions of the organization.
• Technical Expertise - Demonstrates the skills and knowledge to utilize the available
technological capabilities to enhance the effectiveness of the organization.
• Planning - Demonstrates the ability to effectively develop and implement the short and long
range, multiple goals of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Administration and management of the organization
• Long-range and immediate planning
• Development and implementation of strategic plan including the mission, goals, and objectives of
• Budgeting and management of all financial components of JEDC
• Serves as the official spokesperson of the JEDC and is responsible for communications with City
Council and Chamber of Commerce within the boundaries of JEDC, the JEDC Board of Directors, JEDC
staff, and the public
• All research, assessment of existing programs, and reporting
• Maintains overall responsibility, accountability, and authority for the economic development and
tourism efforts for JEDC
• Management of all JEDC staff if applicable and contractors for JEDC programs
• Performing other duties and tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors
Note: Job descriptions may be altered or adjusted from time to time as the needs and goals of the
organization change. Every effort will be made to consult with the team member when/or if these
Please send cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to Leslie.email@example.com on
or before April 29ᵗʰ, 2022.