Executive Director - Copperas Cove Economic Development Corporation
Copperas Cove Economic Development Corporation
Street Address: 113 W. Ave. D
City: Copperas Cove
Copperas EDC Mission
To establish and maintain a comprehensive economic development program for Copperas Cove through new industry recruitment, business expansion, retention and development activity.
Texas Municipal Retirement System, automobile allowance, civic club membership, insurance, professional organizational membership, and relocation assistance.
Residency in the Copperas Cove city limits is required in order to become an active participant in the organizations, institutions and activities available within the community.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, current resume, and at least five work-related references including contact numbers by Friday, February 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM CST. Finalists will complete a thorough interview and background investigation process to include verification of all credentials and experience. References will not be contacted until mutual interest has been established.
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to:
Johnson & Associates
c/o CCEDC Executive Director Search
8308 Tecumseh Drive
Austin, TX 78753-5745
Or email your cover letter, resume, and references to Chloe@JAToday.com with the Subject line: “CCEDC Executive Director Search”.
Resume packages will be accepted until Friday, February 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM CST or until the position is filled.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TEXAS PUBLIC INFORMATION ACT, PLEASE NOTE THAT RESUMES MAY BE SUBJECT TO PUBLIC DISCLOSURE. COPPERAS COVE EDC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Full position description may be seen at http://jatoday.com/positions/
$115,000 depending upon experience/qualification
The Successful Candidate will demonstrate the Following:
- Have the ability to continually focus on achieving positive, concrete results that contribute to the business success of the organization;
- Seek ways to overcome competitive challenges and develop opportunities;
- Proven consensus builder managing diverse viewpoints to an effective, positive solution;
- Maximizes collaboration and shares credit and successes among partners and stakeholders;
- Skilled in idea generation, is committed to achieving outcomes, and consistently produces results based on those ideas;
- Networker that builds collaborative and productive relationships with others both inside and outside economic development organizations, and maintains a wide network of contacts that can be leveraged on behalf of the organization goals;
- Strategic visionary thinker who is able to set sights on a new future, constantly identifying the challenges, threats and opportunities that exist in the environment, able to think differently about how the environment and businesses operate and look for new ways to solve these problems;
- Communication skills: Experienced public speaker, an excellent listener, outstanding writer, and strong interpersonal communicator to small and large group settings. Must be comfortable interacting with the news media and proactive in seeking good publicity for the organization and the region;
- Must have the ability to work toward successful solutions without being political;
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, and other information affecting the business sector. Understands competitive and economic issues; is aware of the political landscape for change and how collaborative strategies amongst organizations work in the marketplace.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria
- Critical to the success of the Economic Development Organization is an Executive Director who has the relevant educational and career background to meet community and Board expectations. For a candidate to be successful in assuming the role of Executive Director, the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Bachelor's degree or greater preferred in a relevant field of study, but not required;
- Graduation from the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute or the International Economic Development Council’s Professional Development course series;
- Current status as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) by the International Economic Development Council;
- Current status as an Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) by the National Development Council;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in community and economic development in a senior management position;
- A record of success in economic development projects;
- Political astuteness and knowledge of state and federal economic/community development agencies and programs;
- History of involvement in the community through civic clubs, non-profit agencies, etc.;
- Hands-on knowledge of current communications and technology applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills;
- Job and personal satisfaction derived from employment in a position such as this in a community with the quality of life opportunities available in our area
Submit Application To:
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to: Johnson & Associates c/o CCEDC Executive Director Search 8308 Tecumseh Drive Austin, TX 78753-5745
Email your cover letter, resume, and references to Chloe@JAToday.com with the Subject line: “CCEDC Executive Director Search”