Economic Development Specialist - St. Tammany, LA
The Economic Development Specialist serves as an integral member of the economic development (ED) team to support St. Tammany Corporation business (STC) and retention, land and sites, and strategic initiative efforts. Temporary management of certain economic development project activities will be required in 2021. The ideal candidate for this position is flexible and eager to gain experience in a broad range of economic development responsibilities while still comfortable managing specific programs.
- Assist economic development team members in business attraction, business retention, land and sites program efforts, and research.
- Collect, organize, track, interpret, and report on selected economic indicators for the purposes of marketing, educating, and promoting the community.
- Provide staff support for economic development activities using tools such as Salesforce, GeoThinQ, Louisiana Commercial Database, EMSI, Entergy’s Buildings and Sites database, and others.
- Possess a knowledge of and/or interest in learning about state and local business incentives/technical assistance programs, including but not limited to PILOTs and the Louisiana Economic Development Certified Sites Program, Quality Jobs, and Enterprise Zone programs. Attendance at associated project meetings as support to companies and STC leadership will be requested as needed.
- Monitor public reports of new advance notifications on the Fastlane online database, coordinating with ED team members/STC leadership on project management efforts.
- Act as interim staff lead for PILOT projects. This includes providing education on the program, coordinating preparation of related preliminary documents, and working with local stakeholders to execute statutory procedures.
- Temporarily manage the Economic Development Site Readiness (EDRED) program for St. Tammany parish, including reimbursement processing, pre-application generation and due diligence, and partner coordination.
- Maintain current inventory of available commercial and industrial buildings and sites, regularly updating/verifying local site data.
- Coordinate and participate/provide support for site visits, as needed.
- Provide regular updates to ED Team on prospective and current projects.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Salary Range $39,000-$42,000
This is a supplemental, temporary position assisting the team in various ways during the extended leave of staff members. Temporary status begins on hire date and runs through January 31, 2022, with the potential of moving into full-time status at that time.
About St. Tammany Corporation: As the lead economic development organization for St. Tammany, the St. Tammany Corporation functions as the comprehensive resource center for business formation throughout the parish. The services provided by St. Tammany Corporation include, but are not limited to, business retention, site selection, workforce development, research and data services, state and local incentives, business attraction, talent retention, certified site development, relocation support, and marketing St. Tammany.