Economic Development Research Manager- Irving, TX
Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce
Irving Economic Development Partnership
Economic Development Research Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Economic Development
DIRECT REPORTS: None
JOB LOCATION: 5201 N. O’Connor Blvd, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75039
Cultivate and maintain the highest quality data to assist in the recruitment, retention and expansion of business. The position will primarily focus on research, compiling and coordinating data for requests for information/proposals (RFI/P), maintaining current and relevant data, creating and compiling reports and maintaining a variety of records.
Applicant must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Salesforce, CoStar, JobsEQ, LoopNet and an extensive knowledge of databases available to assist in compiling data and records. Ideal candidate will work well with others, provide thorough accurate reporting and maintain confidentiality.
$60,000 - $80,000 compensation based on experience plus knowledge & skills of job requirement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
The Economic Development Research Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducting research, analyzing data, performing impact analysis, and developing special reports to support the goals of the economic development strategic plan and the goals of the contract of services with the City of Irving.
- Assisting the vice president with completing the RFI/P questionnaires from the State of Texas, regional partners, site consultants, brokers, developers, and prospects by researching and maintaining data on areas such as real estate, demographics, utilities, education & workforce, and quality of life.
- Complete implementation of Salesforce while updating and tracking data related to projects.
- Working with various partner agencies and outside agencies to gather updated data, aggregate data and information to support the organization’s mission and goals.
- Creating and maintaining relevant IEDP files in both electronic and hard files.
- Communicating with real estate inventory services, such as CoStar and LoopNet, to ensure maintenance of accurate listings of available properties by compiling individual site profiles, marketing flyers, property maps and other site-specific documents for each property.
- Providing data and creating content to support the organization’s website, marketing materials and public presentations.
- Collaborating with the team on research needs by proactively seeking out data that is beneficial in assisting the organization to meet their goals.
- Utilizing multiple tools to support the essential functions of the role, such as data sources, GIS applications and project management tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce, established nearly nine decades ago, has a proven record of assisting thousands of businesses of all sizes with relocating to Irving-Las Colinas, workforce development, networking, visibility and marketing. The Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce was the first in Texas to be named a Five Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Serving 1,900 member investors, including fifty-four Fortune 500 companies, the Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce through its leadership of the Irving Economic Development Partnership, a collaboration of the City of Irving, Irving Convention & Visitors Bureau, Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce and Las Colinas Association, focuses on job creation and municipal tax revenue growth through recruitment, retention and expansion of business.
The Chamber provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status or any other protected category, and sexual orientation.
Our continued success depends heavily on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons. We strive to hire, develop, and retain the most qualified people we can find basing our judgment on each individual’s job-related qualifications, capabilities, and potential.