Economic Development Partnership of NC: Vice President of Business Recruitment
ORGANIZATION: Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC)
POSITION TITLE: Vice President of Business Recruitment
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is a public-private 501(c)3 nonprofit organization responsible for state economic development functions previously housed within the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
With a staff of 70 and an annual budget of $25 million, including both public and private funding, the EDPNC collaborates everyday with state, regional, local, and private-sector partners in new business recruitment, existing employer support, international trade and export assistance, small business start-up counseling, and tourism promotion.
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
Our mission, along with the North Carolina Department of Commerce, is to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all North Carolinians.
The EDPNC is a diverse team of economic development professionals who take pride in:
- Performing at a high level and holding ourselves accountable for our results.
- Building strong partnerships and collaborating both inside and outside the
- Providing excellent customer service through every
- Being an accessible, innovative, and knowledgeable resource for our clients, partners, and stakeholders, and
- Serving as ambassadors for North Carolina through our
The EDPNC is seeking qualified candidates for Vice President of Business Recruitment, who will lead the organization’s efforts to recruit new corporate operations and major expansions in targeted industry sectors and involving companies from targeted global markets.
This position will report directly to the CEO as part of the EDPNC senior management team. This position will interact regularly with the organization’s CEO and Board of Directors, as well as with key stakeholders including the North Carolina Department of Commerce and local/regional economic development partners across the state.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position. A competitive salary – including the potential for performance-based incentive compensation - will be offered commensurate with experience.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Fixed holidays (9 per year) plus flex holiday leave
- Medical / dental / vision / ST and LT disability
- Group life insurance
- Subsidized parking
- Professional development and training
WHY NORTH CAROLINA?
North Carolina is home to one of the nation’s perennially top-ranked business climates, according to third-party rankings by CNBC, Chief Executive, Forbes, and Site Selection. In 2019, Forbes named North Carolina its “Best State for Business” for the third consecutive year, citing the state’s world-class universities, economic growth prospects, and competitive business environment.
At nearly 10.4 million in population (and growing), North Carolina boasts among the fastest-growing talent pools in the U.S., fueled primarily by the country’s 4th-highest in-migration rate. Targeted investments in education and infrastructure, plus reductions in corporate taxes and low energy rates – all bolstered by a beautiful natural setting that runs from the Smoky Mountains to the Outer Banks – underscore the state’s attractiveness as a place to live, work, and do business.
- Lead a staff of 12 business-recruitment and business-development professionals
- Develop and deploy sales strategies and tactics for successfully winning competitive business-recruitment “projects”
- Develop and implement strategies to identify prospective business- recruitment targets, including growth industries and specific companies
- Collaborate regularly with the North Carolina Department of Commerce for state incentives consideration involving business-recruitment and expansion projects
- Develop and implement “capacity-building” partnership efforts for the benefit of local economic development allies
- Serve as a representative for the organization via speaking engagements, etc. to various stakeholder audiences
- Other duties deemed necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related fields such as business administration or finance, or equivalent experience in sales, business development, client/account management,
- Required: North Carolina residency and valid North Carolina driver’s license (within reasonable period of start date)
- Strongly preferred: At least 5 years of full-time experience in state-level economic development, specifically recruitment or expansion project management
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing and motivating staff, developing performance metrics and operational strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to interface professionally with senior-level business and civic/non-profit executives
- Thorough knowledge of economic development at the state and local level
- Diplomacy in serving as an ambassador of the state and remaining non- political as a representative of a public-private non-profit organization
- Intense focus on creating a superior customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to outside audiences
- Strategic and creative thinking
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and copy of your résumé in Adobe Acrobat PDF format to Nikki Yawn, Human Resources Specialist, at Nikki.Yawn@EDPNC.com.