Economic Development Marketing Manager - New Orleans, LA
Economic Development Marketing Manager
Date: May 3, 2019
Location: New Orleans, LA, US
This position can be located in Woodlands, TX; Jackson, MS; Baton Rouge, LA; Little Rock, AR; or New Orleans, LA.
***The official job title for this position will be Economic Development Marketing Coordinator. ***
A marketing professional to coordinate with Economic Development Directors/Departments at the five operating companies to create, develop and implement an overarching annual marketing plan for the Enterprise. This plan should include specific objectives and measures that can be assessed at the end of the year.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing and advertising campaigns approved by the Op-Cos for the Enterprise.
- Assist with content creation for goentergy.com and track and report on analytics from the economic development related pages.
- Keep promotional materials up-to-date, and coordinate both internal and external approvals necessary for publication.
- Support sales staff by summarizing and preparing reports on sales and marketing data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses and new product information relaying customer service requests.
- Work to develop an understanding of Op-Cos individual assets, incorporating those into the overall marketing strategy.
- Research best practices and new mechanisms that will continually improve the marketing and product of the Entergy region.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
3+ years of work experience related to marketing, event planning, and project management
Prefer candidates with experience in economic development, business development or a commercial focus.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Strong marketing skills, including direct marketing, market segmentation, marketing research, and Social Media knowledge. Strong communicator both at tactical and strategic levels, understanding customer needs. Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to execute projects in a matrix organization. Strong, demonstrated writing and presentation skills. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Graphic Design, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Strong coordination and event planning skills. Demonstrated proficiency with research reporting, developing marketing plans and marketing budgets.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Primary Location: Louisiana-New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON-BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 86858
Travel Percentage:25% to 50%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.