Director, Organizational Development - Virginia Economic Development Partnership
DIRECTOR, ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced organizational development training professional to help build, lead, and manage a new world-class Workforce Solutions Division within VEDP. The goal is to create a top ranked program to compete with the existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The core deliverables will be new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company’s unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite which includes training in leadership, collaboration skills, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years.
The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Workforce Solutions. In addition to leading and managing the program’s organizational development training operations, the Director will be a key member of the division’s executive team, helping to mold the strategies, operating model, staff and culture of this new organization.
- Direct the design and manage the development of facilitator-led training modules that will serve as the program’s core offerings in leadership, collaboration skills, and quality systems
- Hire and lead a small team comprised of full time staff and contract trainers responsible for developing and delivering the above training services.
- Help pilot the delivery of new modules and deliver modules from time to time for high profile client engagements
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Operations Director to assess client needs, determine the scope of services to offer, and present proposals to clients
- Design a methodology to efficiently assign trainers, schedule sessions and deliver training services based on client hiring and facility start-up plans
- Develop budgets and monitor spending
- Collaborative manager who inspires innovation, delivers results and is able to leverage opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- At least 5 years of experience leading the design, development and delivery of training in leadership, collaboration skill, and/or other professional development subject topics
- Experience developing and delivering training in quality and productivity enhancement systems a plus
- Project leadership and management, working within external/internal cross-functional teams
- Experience in an organization whose services include developing and delivering organizational development training for external clients
- Division/department management, resource allocation, and project delegation
- Private-sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firm(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. A work portfolio may be requested of short-listed applicants. Application deadline: July 10, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120