Director of Marketing & Communications - Greenwood, SC
Greenwood Partnership Alliance
Position: Director of Marketing & Communications
Reports to: CEO
Role: Provides strategic communication functions in the following areas:
- Web content and SEO optimization, media relations, marketing, public relations and outreach communications.
- Thorough knowledge of available resources throughout the county to attract and aid businesses.
- Thorough knowledge of graphic design and marketing software.
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out complex specialized projects with shifting priorities.
- Excellent at communication-interpersonal, written and verbal.
- Thorough knowledge of CRM software, preferably SalesForce and various research software platforms.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and confidence to comment for organization, as needed, in absence of CEO.
- Research, development, design, and production of all economic development marketing materials with the assistance of Business Development/CEO.
- Development and implementation of a consistent communications program to investors.
- Oversee enhanced development and maintenance of web site.
- Development and implementation of the economic development public relations and media strategies program, including, but not limited to, securing favorable editorial placement in newspapers, magazines, trade journals, etc. in major market areas.
- Coordination of all ad placements, both print and electronic.
- Identification of major market segments, including geographic areas in which Business Development Team should concentrate efforts.
- Plan and execute complex and varied public relations assignments including the production and distribution of news and feature releases, and internal publications (newsletters) facilitating media coverage for organization’s events.
- Prepare speeches, presentations, press releases, invitations, etc.
Interested parties should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Heather Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019. Successful candidates will be required to establish residence in Greenwood County within 6 mos from hire date. The Greenwood Partnership Alliance, a 501 © 6 non-profit, is a qualifying entity under PEBA and offers State Health and Retirement Benefits. Please see our website for additional organizational information www.partnershipalliance.com .