Director, Marketing and Communications position - Greenville, NC
Established in 2019, the Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance (ENC Alliance) is a newly formed 501c (3) non-profit economic development organization. The mission of the ENC Alliance is to market the region, support new, existing, and start-up businesses, develop community assets, maximize opportunities for investment, and enhance quality of life by engaging the private and public sectors in a collaborative economic development program.
The organization is funded through the support of investors from the private and public sectors. The vision for the ENC Alliance is to achieve a dynamic business climate resulting in stable, quality jobs and opportunities allowing residents to live fulfilling lives in a thriving place.
The ENC Alliance is currently seeking to fill the Director, Marketing and Communications position.
This is a full-time position; hours of work will vary and some weekends may be required. The position works primarily out of the ENC Alliance office located in downtown Greenville. Any necessary travel will primarily be within the Greenville Pitt County area, although occasional travel out of the region and State may be required.
Examples of Typical Work Performed by This Position:
The following duties are typical for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for:
- Developing, coordinating and executing communication strategies and initiatives in support of organizational objectives.
- Writing, editing and/or proofreading media releases, newsletters, annual reports, reports, presentations, marketing materials, etc.
- Establishing narratives that consistently represent the mission, vision and values of the ENC Alliance.
- Serving as primary media contact and spokesperson for the ENC Alliance.
- Providing support to the management team and board in matters related to media and marketing.
- Preparing all presentations, proposals, PowerPoints and other material as needed in marketing the organization.
- Developing and maintaining social media networks as needed in communicating and marketing the mission and vision of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, corporate communications, marketing communications, journalism, reputation management or similar course of study.
- 5-years of progressive experience in economic development, communications, public and/or community relations.
- Proven track record in marketing and communications working in one of or a combination of the private, public or non-profit sectors.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Media relations, crisis communication, social media and email marketing experience.
- Experience in graphic design and publication of print materials is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing, creative direction and social media strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging communications technology and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service.
- Proven ability to interface professionally with senior-level business and government executives.
Special License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
- Must have and maintain a valid NC driver’s license.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon passing a physical examination including a drug/alcohol screening and a comprehensive background check. To ensure consideration, a completed Greenville Utilities application must be received in the Human Resources Office. Interested persons can contact the Human Resources Office at (252) 551-1513 if you have any questions. Our office is located on 801 Mumford Road, Greenville, NC.
Online applications only accepted through GUC website at www.careers.guc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Greenville Utilities Commission participates in E-Verify