Director, Business Development - Daytona Beach, FL
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Location: Daytona Beach
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT TEAM VOLUSIA
Team Volusia Economic Development Corporation (TVEDC), through tremendous commitment and partnerships, works on strategic economic development activities and business recruitment initiatives to the Greater Daytona Region / Volusia County, Florida.
Team Volusia EDC is a public/private not-for-profit corporation, founded in late 2010 whose primary mission is to market and recruit business from outside the area to Volusia County. An autonomous entity, the organization is a valuable part of the economic development delivery system and works in partnership with state and county agencies, municipalities, chambers, and other resource partners to achieve countywide economic development goals for Volusia County.
Team Volusia EDC's program and services are partially funded through contracts with Volusia County and 14 of the municipalities located within the county. Additional funds are raised from private sector companies and organizations with a total of approximately 100 public / private investors. Today, the organization continues to grow and help strengthen the economic prosperity for the region.
TVEDC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This professional level, full-time position reports directly to the Executive Vice President and includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Working with companies to affect location decisions. This role requires the ability to work well independently, in a team environment, and in collaboration with organizations.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the team on active projects
- Identifying likely prospects for relocation and decision makers within those companies
- Developing relationships with decision makers
- Developing bios, company information and background papers as needed
- Providing detailed and targeted responses to business leads
- Preparing and delivering proposals for business development clients
- Ensuring timely response and information to any prospect inquiries
- Assisting with site tours
- Staffing local and national trade shows to promote the region as needed
- Help identify competitive advantages per sub-cluster to increase probability of success
- Learning CRM database, be able to update data and run reports as needed
- Assisting with proposal development
- Assist in the updating and editing of Business Development promotional/marketing material
- Conduct industry and company research (market/competitive research, SWOT analysis, )
- Assist with lead nurturing efforts including email marketing, reporting and lead management
- Participate in planning sessions to develop strategy for various business development programs
- Assisting staff with day to day operations, including assistance in the preparation of reports, correspondence, and materials
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Exceptional project management skills, including working with office, commercial and industrial projects through every stage and ability to oversee multiple projects
- Proven ability to generate leads within industry clusters (Aviation/Aerospace, Life Sciences, Logistics, Professional Services, Manufacturing, etc…)
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word. Skills in other MS Office programs a plus
- Must have good business and creative writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Must have knowledge of traditional, digital and social media marketing concepts
- Must be detail oriented, with project management and organizational skills
- Must be a quick learner with a positive attitude
- Conduct research on various business costs, regulatory requirements and financial incentives- related issues (labor force, tax, utilities, quality of life, community/state incentives & real estate).
- Team player who takes initiative
- Must maintain confidentiality of business development projects – leaks can lead to termination
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively
- Motivated self-starter with positive, can-do, customer service attitude
- Ability to travel for up to one week at a time with a current valid passport
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Public Policy or related degree program
- Requires 5-10 years of related professional experience
- The ability to work with limited supervision
- Certified Economic Development Professional (CEcD or MEDP) preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to articulate complex ideas simply
Send your cover letter and up-to-date resume to HShubirg@TVEDC.COM with the subject line
Director, Business Development.