Business Recruitment Project Associate Raleigh, NC
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is actively recruiting for a Business Recruitment Project Associate.
At the EDPNC, our most valuable resource is our people. We are committed to building a team that draws strength from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We value everyone’s individual talents and contributions to our collective accomplishments. By setting our standards high, we aspire to success, while creating positive results for our stakeholders and advancing our state’s economic well-being.
The Business Recruitment Project Associate requires proactive engagement in the substantive work of the EDPNC Business Recruitment team. Support Business Recruitment Managers in day-to-day efforts to attract new companies to North Carolina. Work independently in project support roles, seeking guidance from the Director, Business Recruitment, or an individual Business Recruitment Manager in cases of first impression. This position will also be responsible for the management and coordination of various on-going business recruitment team initiatives as outlined.
Here's what you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Proactively assist Business Recruitment Managers with project strategy and provide project support. Participate in project kick-off calls, work to understand project drivers to assist in developing NC’s value proposition, coordinate site/building searches, and assist with client presentations.
- Manage the development of timely and accurate county responses to RFIs issued by companies or site consultants. Provide guidance to local communities via effective completion of the request for information (RFI), development of additional materials, including customized building/site comparison templates and detailed instructions and points of emphasis. Vet completed RFI submissions, and, when necessary, engage with local economic developers for clarification and/or correction of content to enhance the quality of responses. Coordinate with project managers to create additional deliverables, such as pitch decks, for various RFI submissions or project site visits.
- Liaise with local communities regarding economic development strategies. Provide guidance to local communities regarding effective completion of RFIs, site visit prep, etc.
- Curate and maintain a resource library for the project managers within Business Recruitment and Existing Industry teams. Gather intel, catalog resources, and best practices. Develop database of key partner contacts, program Q&As, guidelines and training documents, and industry resources and associations, etc.
- Create and manage a repository of all relevant Business Recruitment marketing collaterals, forms, guidelines, assets, etc., into one central location on the EDPNC shared documents drive and update this information on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate and maintain, with Marketing/Research, on the shelf pitch decks for Business Recruitment.
- Assist team with narrative development and messaging sales pitch.
Additional Responsibilities – Business Recruitment Initiatives
- Serve as the team’s generic point of contact for local EDOs for various resources, including regular project updates.
- Act as the Business Recruitment Liaison in matters regarding the EDPNC website and collaterals. Responsible for collaborating with others within the organization to improve BR’s content, messaging, etc.
- Assist team members on preparing information for presentations.
- Provide maintenance to the contact database of local EDOs and partners.
- Provide operations support as needed and serve as back up on Briefing Memo review and prep.
- Periodically participate in internal strategic policy development projects.
- Strong work ethic with focus on teamwork
- Ability to interface professionally with senior-level business and government executives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years in related occupation
- Background in public service or economic development preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Valid driver’s license