Business Recruitment Manager- Raleigh, NC
The Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) is actively recruiting for a Business Recruitment Manager.
At the EDPNC, our most valuable resource is our people. We are committed to building a team that draws strength from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We value everyone’s individual talents and contributions to our collective accomplishments. By setting our standards high, we aspire to success, while creating positive results for our stakeholders and advancing our state’s economic well-being.
As the Business Recruitment Manager, you will serve as a leader in attracting businesses to North Carolina (NC) through identifying, cultivating, and managing corporate recruitment prospects/projects. You will serve as the primary point of contact for business representatives and/or site selection consultants working on their behalf, as well as for key partners at the local, regional, and state levels.
Here's what you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Work directly with client's internal representatives or a professional site selection consultant to manage all stages of a business recruitment project, from initial interest in NC to final decision.
- Develop comprehensive responses to requests for information and address all aspects of a potential project, including state and local proposals outlining potential incentives, tax benefits, etc.
- Conduct due diligence examination of a company's financial and strategic viability.
- Identify real estate options.
- Evaluate labor and supplier availability.
- Resolve infrastructure and permit issues.
- Serve as the point of contact for the State of North Carolina for prospects.
- Facilitate and host client visits to NC to evaluate project location opportunities.
Regional/Community Partner Liaison
- Serve as a state-level point of contact for local economic developers.
- Participate in locally hosted meetings with prospects.
- Serve as an education resource for state incentives and other state support for local projects.
Relationship Management is critical to success in this role. You will also be expected to:
- Develop strong networks with partners and site location consultants.
- Promote the state's business opportunities to site location consultants and decision makers through marketing events, conferences/forums, and one-on-one meetings.
- Participate in cooperative marketing trips with local economic developers to promote NC regions to site location consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect with corporate decision makers/site location consultants, community leaders and colleagues at EDPNC and the NC Department of Commerce.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze customer needs, present solutions, and add value to projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members on the EDPNC staff as well as key external allies.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior economic development experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce CRM system is strongly desired.
- Experience leading and winning economic development projects is desired.
- Moderate in-state and domestic travel is required.