BUSINESS OUTREACH AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM MANAGER - Northern Virginia-Based
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking a Business Outreach Manager for its Talent Solutions Division. This position will conduct business outreach, representing VEDP, to assist growing Virginia companies with their recruitment and training needs and help companies leverage available programs to support their growth.
This position will be based in Northern Virginia, but a considerable amount of travel throughout the Northern Virginia region (including Winchester and Fredericksburg), as well as to Richmond, will be required.
- Support VEDP-assisted projects in the region with talent subject matter expertise
- Market and administer the Virginia Jobs Investment Program incentive for qualifying companies in the region
- Establish and maintain relationships with key traded sector businesses in the region
- Closely collaborate with workforce, education, and economic development stakeholders in the region, including the Virginia Community College System, 4-year universities, regional Workforce Development Boards (Virginia Career Works), and the K-12 academic community. Demonstrated success in working with these stakeholder communities is preferre
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a high-performing, highly collaborative work team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and successfully manage multiple projects across a wide geographic area
- Demonstrated ability to provide exemplary customer service to companies, as well as workforce and economic development partners
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with senior executives of high-value target companies and local and regional economic development offices through responsive and value-added dialogue, with the goal of being considered a trusted advisor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Experience in program or project management, sales and marketing, and/or workforce program delivery
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, economics or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license is required
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Salary minimum: $76,500. VEDP offers a highly attractive compensation package, including a hybrid pension retirement program (Virginia Retirement System) that fully vests in just five years. Application deadline: June 15, 2022.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vedphr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.