focused on the recruitment, retention, and expansion of existing companies, from start-up’s to headquarters. The key clusters they focus on are: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cybersecurity, FinTech, Creative Industries (Film, Music, eSports, AR/VR), Supply chain, Advanced Manufacturing, Bioscience (Biotech, HealthTech, MedTech, Pharmaceutical).
Before joining the Chamber, Hartnett served as the president and CEO of Maco Pharma® (formerly United Pharma) a privately held US medical device/pharmaceutical company based in Duluth, Georgia, headquartered in Lille France. Before Maco Pharma, Hartnett was president and CEO of SteriFx® Corporation, a specialty chemical start-up, contracted by U.S. Department of Defense (DARPA). Prior to SteriFx, he was the executive vice president of the North American headquarters of Given Imaging, Inc. an Israeli start-up with corporate headquarters in Yokneam, Israel. Under his leadership, the company commercialized the “PillCam” video capsule, a disposable capsule. (GIVN-NASDAQ).
He has also served in a variety of other senior sales and marketing roles for the following companies: Karl Storz Lithotripsy, Genzyme (formerly Deknatel), STERIS (formerly AMSCO) and the XEROX Corporation.
He currently serves on the following boards:
- Carter Center, Board of Councilors
-Grady Health Foundation, Director
- Atlanta Science Festival™, Chairman
- Innovation Crescent Regional Partnership, Chairman Emeritus
- Venture Atlanta™ Coalition Director/Co-Founder
- Center for Global Health Innovation, Director
- Institute for Healthcare Information Technology, Director/Co-Founder
- Kennesaw State University, President’s Community Board
- Leadership Atlanta Alumni 2013
Hartnett is married with four sons, was raised on Coronado Island, California and is an active member of the Atlanta business community.
Atlanta, GA 30303 404.880.9000
Areas of Expertise