VP New Business Attraction - Greenville, NC
Greenville Eastern North Carolina (ENC) Alliance, VP New Business Attraction
Established in 2019, the Greenville-Eastern North Carolina Alliance (ENC Alliance) is a newly formed 501c (3) non-profit economic development organization. The mission of the ENC Alliance is to market the region, support new, existing, and start-up businesses, develop community assets, maximize opportunities for investment, and enhance quality of life by engaging the private and public sectors in a collaborative economic development program.
The organization is funded through the support of investors from the private and public sectors. The vision for the ENC Alliance is to achieve a dynamic business climate resulting in stable, quality jobs and opportunities allowing residents to live fulfilling lives in a thriving place.
The ENC Alliance is currently seeking to fill the VP, New Business Attraction position.
This is a full-time, salary exempt position. Hours of work will vary and some weekends may be required. The position works primarily out of the ENC Alliance office located in downtown Greenville, NC. This position requires travel within the region, as well as outside the region, the State of North Carolina and possibly the continental United States. A valid Passport is required for international travel.
Reporting directly to the ENC-Alliance CEO, this position is responsible for:
- Serving as the lead representative for marketing and recruitment of new businesses, to include, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Supporting and implementing strategies and programs to effectively attract targeted new business into the region;
- Serving as the lead for relocating or expanding companies;
- Developing relationships, identifying opportunities, suggesting and enhancing approaches and methods of marketing the Greenville/Pitt County region to business prospects, investors, site selectors, late-stage corporate and private equity investment groups, and commercial real estate brokers;
- Managing new business leads and prospects to effectively identify potential prospects resulting in their moving new operations to the Greenville/Pitt County region; including prospect management, site visits, and project management.
- Pro-actively contacting companies to develop prospect leads from data, advertising, electronic tools, and marketing trips.Implementing innovative methods of new lead generation and prospect development;
- Developing and carrying-out prospect and/or marketing trips to targeted geographic locations and industry sectors (in collaboration with the CEO) to develop new leads and maintain relationships with companies and key individuals from prospect leads.
- Serving as principal point of contact with a diverse coalition of private and public partners, academic institutions and organizations, securing their cooperation, support and action to meet the location decision requirements of individual prospect companies;
- Conducting market analysis and information gathering;
- Remaining abreast of local, national and international events and trends (including economic development issues) that may affect the organization’s ability to carry out its strategic initiatives in new business recruitment;
- Assisting with general and targeted marketing activities and materials, including contribution to industry-specific marketing tools.
- Managing and growing relationships to enhance collaboration with all partners.
- Participating in meetings of economic development professional associations, chambers of commerce, municipal councils or other economic development related committees, as assigned by the CEO;
- Representing the ENC Alliance and promoting organizational objectives at official functions.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economic Development or related field required.
- Five years or more years in economic development, specifically new business recruitment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and other publishing software. CRM experience required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with high-level executives, public administrators, elected officials, staff and board members.
- Proven strategy development, strategy implementation, project management and critical thinking skills.
- A strong leader with high emotional intelligence, with the ability to assert influence throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure, and exercise independent judgment.
Special License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) from the International Economic Development Council preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon passing a physical examination including a drug/alcohol screening and a comprehensive background check. To ensure consideration, a completed Greenville Utilities application must be received in the Human Resources Office. Interested persons can contact the Human Resources Office at (252) 551-1513 if you have any questions. Our office is located on 801 Mumford Road, Greenville, NC.
Online applications only accepted through GUC website at www.careers.guc.com
"An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer”
“Greenville Utilities Commission participates in E-Verify ”