VP Economic & Business Development Babcock Ranch – Punta Gorda, FL
VP Economic & Business Development
Babcock Ranch – Punta Gorda, FL
Babcock Ranch, an 18,000-acre town in the making and the first solar town being developed in the United States, is seeking an experienced Vice President – Economic & Business Development to join our team.
Reporting to the President of Babcock Ranch, this position leads the business effort to grow the town of Babcock Ranch by developing and implementing innovative economic development strategies, programs, and initiatives to promote business creation and generate a robust pipeline of companies interested in expanding or relocating to Babcock Ranch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements the economic development strategic plan for Babcock Ranch as it relates to business attraction, retention, expansion, and site selection.
- Promotes Babcock Ranch as a viable option for location of business/industry with initiatives for research and development in sustainable communities and green technologies.
- Successfully implements and refines prescribed strategies for new business recruitment, commercial corridor development, and entrepreneurial development to attract business/industry to Babcock Ranch.
- Creates and implements marketing programs, collateral and business attraction strategies to identify, qualify, develop and solidify a pipeline of companies interested in relocating or expanding business operations to Babcock Ranch.
- Assists with negotiating and closing business transactions.
- Develops a long-range business plan to promote partnerships with private sector core business/ industry compatible with the community’s strategic initiatives.
- Establishes key partnerships and quality relationships with local and regional economic development firms to create relocation, retention and economic/incentive strategies.
- Coordinates with internal real estate, market research and financial teams to create competitive ED programs.
- Represents Babcock Ranch at meetings and trade shows.
- Monitors legislation and regulation relating to economic development and works with federal, state and county officials and management to ensure support and coordinate economic development activities.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong public relations and marketing experience
- Solid negotiation, transaction and contract skills
- Self-starter, energetic and results-oriented
- Skillful computer and analytical skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Ability to travel statewide and nationally on a regular basis as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Real Estate, Marketing or closely related area.
- 10 years of advanced level economic development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of effective principles, practices and methods of municipal and private economic development.
Qualified candidates should send resume with salary requirements to Claudia Witherspoon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Drug Free / Smoke Free Workplace / EOE.