MANAGING DIRECTOR, LEAD GENERATION - Richmond, VA
MANAGING DIRECTOR, LEAD GENERATION
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership is seeking an experienced economic development professional to provide leadership, manage projects, and support the development and implementation of a comprehensive lead generation strategy that successfully generates results to meet VEDP’s performance metrics.
- Work with prospective corporate executives, and local and regional economic developers to successfully locate new business operations to Virginia
- Conduct marketing outreach to targeted industries, site selection consultants and commercial real estate brokers to promote Virginia as the preferred location for new and expanding business facilities
- Lead the development and implementation of VEDP’s domestic and global lead generation strategy
- Provide vision to enhance strategies and initiatives that achieve the Business Investment division’s results for leads generated, leads converted, jobs created and new capital investment.
- Manage a team of 5-7 economic development professionals
- Frequent overnight and international travel required
- Business development experience in an economic development environment
- Leadership and project management experience
- Ability to manage in a team environment and leverage partners in public and private sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Salesforce experience a plus
- 10+ years economic development or relevant experience
- Executive Level experience in a corporate business or economic development
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration or economics or equivalent work experience is required
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification a plus
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. VEDP uses the E-Verify system and does not provide sponsorship. All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Salary range: $100,000 - $115.00. Open until filled.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5630 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120