Executive Director of Economic Development - Bay City, TX
Position: Executive Director of Economic Development
Application Period: Tue, 04/24/2018 to Fri, 5/18/2018
Organization: Bay City Community Development Corporation (BCCDC)
Street Address: 1900 5th Street
City: Bay City County: Matagorda State: Texas
City Population: 17,819
Job Description: Executive Director will plan, coordinate and implement commercial recruitment and expansion
strategies to grow the City of Bay City in a strategic manner. Bay City has a Mayor–
Council form of government made up of 5 council members. The BCCDC operates as a separate Type B
corporation with a seven-member board, (three city council members and four citizen members)
providing direct oversight of the Executive Director.
• Administer an estimated budget of $1.5M
o Develop a budget, and allocate, and approve all invoices for expenses
• Work to enhance Bay City’s economy by retaining and creating jobs
• Plan and manage community and economic development initiatives
• Oversee marketing efforts and incentives to new and expanding businesses
• Be able to effectively relate to and communicate with various public and private
organizations associated with community economic development and community betterment
• Ensure compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations governing the Type B Economic
Development Corporation and its operation
• Oversee the Bay City Main Street Program
• Manage the Small Business Development (UH-SBDC) to help entrepreneurs and start-up
organization by utilizing all available resources
• Maintain professional affiliations to enhance professional growth and remain current with the
latest trends and techniques
• Be self-motivated, results-oriented individual able to work with the Board of Directors
• Ability to work as part of a team with City, County and Chamber leadership is essential
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to be used with the staff, Board of
Directors, citizens, and media, as well as good listening skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management, marketing, community development,
planning, engineering or a related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• 6 years in economic development, with at least 2 years in a senior economic development
office management position.
• Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), Professional Community Economic Development (PCED)
certification or graduation from the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute is highly
• Experience working with boards and preparing for board meetings is necessary.
• Strong written and verbal skills are required.
• Knowledge of Federal, state and other economic development and community development grant and loan
programs is required.
• Staff management experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience in working with a Type A or B sales tax organization is preferred.
• Executive Director must have or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license and own a
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience with excellent benefits
firstname.lastname@example.org Application should include a compelling cover letter, comprehensive
resume, and three professional references. Confidential inquiries welcomed to
DC Dunham; 979-479-0165