Economic Development Research Manager - Tri-ED KY
The mission of the Tri-County Economic Development Corporation (Tri-ED) is to build a world-class economy in Northern Kentucky through the expansion of existing business and the creation and attraction of high quality employers. Tri-ED seeks an experienced research professional to evolve and implement a business intelligence strategy. The intent is to refine and inform the region’s value proposition for Tri-ED and its partners to seek out and address opportunities and challenges affecting key industries, businesses and the Northern Kentucky economy. The ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of economic development and the ability to apply market research, data mining and information management skills to further the organization’s mission.
Mine and translate data and market intelligence into insights for targeting business investment opportunities, discovering existing business challenges, conveying Northern Kentucky’s competitive position, and monitoring progress. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing Tri-ED’s existing information system and related resources
- Enhancing and maintaining databases, subscriptions, software, electronic files and hard copy resources for data collection, organization and sharing
- Creating and maintaining a metrics dashboard to provide insights for economic development progress and regional competitiveness
- Monitoring programs and incentives utilization
- Collaborating with partner agencies locally, regionally and at the state level on information development, sharing and alignment
- Training and guiding Tri-ED staff and partners on information collection, input and utilization
- Participating in the translation of information into polished electronic content and narrative
- Ensuring data, market intelligence and resources are centrally housed, regularly updated and accessible
- Developing and executing a budget for research program management
- Participating in skill enhancement and career development opportunities
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of relevant economic development research experience
- Experience using business intelligence, statistical and modeling tools, and subscription services for data mining
- Working knowledge of data visualization and mapping tools
- Extensive CRM utilization and administrative experience. Preference for Salesforce acumen
- Strong organizational, writing and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in market research, data science, library science, public administration, urban planning, economic development, business or another relevant field. Graduate degree preferred
Competitive base salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401(k).
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Mary Hollon at MLH@NorthernKentuckyUSA.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5:00pm.
The Tri-County Economic Development Corporation is an equal educational and employment opportunity
organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information.