Economic Development Project Manager - St. Tammany Corporation, Mandeville, LA
Economic Development Project Manager
The Economic Development Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating economic development project activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responds to proposals and inquiries from companies, consultants, and ED allies.
- Coordinates and participates in prospect visits.
- Assists new companies by providing support and serving as liaison between the company and various local and state agencies, as well as assisting their executives with personal relocation matters.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and state economic development allies, elected officials, consultants, and other site location professionals.
- Responds to local requests for small business assistance and support.
- Maintains current inventory of available commercial and industrial buildings and sites.
- Formulates incentive packages, prepares analysis and estimates of public resources and funds, and negotiates final terms with corporate executives and representatives.
- Performs market feasibility analyses
- Develops and maintains appropriate databases to support ED activities as needed.
- Supports CEO with retention and workforce development strategies to assist existing industries and local businesses.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Project management
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency
- Problem solving/analysis
- Business acumen
- Organizational skills
- Collaboration skills
- Ethical conduct
Responsibilities & Requirements
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project-related activities of the project team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in economic development, or a closely related field, is required; or 5 to 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Past economic development experience is preferred.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please email resumes to Ashley Llewellyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.