ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MARKETING MANAGER - Greenville, SC
SALARY: $49,200.00 - $73,800.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/05/21
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Under general supervision, provides expert advice, support and planning for developing and administering high-profile marketing initiatives, programs and projects relating to economic development. Oversees targeted social media campaigns and develops various marketing strategies and initiatives focused on educating corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and talent on the advantages of doing business in the City. Conducts research and analysis to support City economic development initiatives. Researches and analyzes various data, including demographics, city revenue projections of property taxes and business license fees, Return on Investment (ROI), building permit activity, net financial impact of annexations, and impact of tax incentives. Utilizes completed research and analysis for development of new marketing materials and maintenance of existing marketing information, databases and web sites. Oversees department events including making presentations, working with vendors and soliciting event sponsors. Exercises a moderate level of discretion in the interpretation and application of policies, operating procedures, and rules.
- Manage and Develop Marketing Programs and Materials: Develop presentations, marketing materials, and reports in electronic and printed formats (e.g. brochures, flyers, fact sheets, infographics, statistical data to include graphs/charts, maps, ) to support economic development initiatives. Curate and build email content, as needed, to be sent to the current business community and/or business prospects. Ensure all copy and design work adhere to brand standards and is reviewed and approved by the Communications department. Serve as the liaison to the Communications department in monthly meetings and as needed (requesting social media posts, media support, website support, cataloging accolades, etc.). Conduct formal presentations to business groups, City Leadership including City Council, real estate brokers, inter-city visitors, and others. Oversee appreciation program for guest speakers, business prospects, visiting delegations, new and expanding businesses, etc. Manage online forms through electronic forms and survey tools/systems, as well as within the City's web platform. Track and catalog department/division accolades and recognitions for use in marketing materials, as well as to provide benchmarking with other organizations. Manage contracts with outside vendors for event space and digital needs. Oversee departmental events such as ribbon cuttings, quarterly Real Estate Breakfasts, and other specialty events including solicitation and management of event sponsorships and vendor contracts.
- Conduct Research and Analysis: Utilizing ArcGIS, ESRI demographic data, City financial system, and various other information, compile, analyze and provide marketing reports for variety of uses including commercial corridor benchmarking, and business recruitment and retention efforts. As required, conduct internet research on business prospects and economic development related issues, state legislation, local real estate market trends, and economic development incentives. Utilizing specialized tools and systems, create demographic reports and maps for business prospects, site selection firms, and real estate brokers. Maintain existing GIS maps illustrating key development areas and the development activity on a City-wide basis for use in meeting with business prospects. Execute surveys and determine levels of resulting returns for development projects. Serve as the City’s representative to local Economic Development Researcher's groups at the Greenville Area Development Corporation (GADC) and Upstate Alliance by attending meetings, maintaining a list of the City’s relevant research databases and providing updates on development projects. Provide assistance to these agencies, as needed for development prospects involving sites located in the City. Serve as the department liaison to the Revenue Division for business license related issues. Respond to Request for Information Surveys (RFIs) using available databases meeting desired specifications.
- Maintain Website Content: Maintain department’s content on the City of Greenville web site and other economic development websites by updating statistics, text, links, documents, and spreadsheets as necessary.
- Provide Administrative, Staff & Project Management Support: As assigned, provide administrative and/or technical support (e.g. investigating and facilitating the response to City- related inquires, providing demographic data, ) to variety of property owners’ groups, business associations, etc. Support the Community Development department as needed. Assist other City departments with demographic data and reports for grant applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economic development, business, or related
- Over four years of experience in marketing, economic development, business or a related
- Graduate work or an advanced degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
Driver's License Requirements
- Valid South Carolina Class D Driver's
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Best practices in economic development advertising, social media and marketing.
- Economic development principles, practices, and techniques.
- Research and analysis methods used in economic development benchmarking.
- Site selection principles.
- Economic development recruitment, both domestic and international, and business attraction best practices.
- Communicate complex ideas including technical information, analysis and rationale clearly and compellingly to a variety of audiences using various mediums
- Utilize a variety of communication and interpersonal skills to interact successfully with people at a number of levels inside and/or outside the organization.
- Work cooperatively with others in order to achieve results.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents and contracts, and governmental regulations.
- Apply advanced mathematical operations methods and functions of real and complex variables including calculating return on investment, financial comparisons, and basic to intermediate statistical measures.
- Write policies, contracts, speeches, formal presentations, and/or technical and legal documents and correspondence.
- Operate general office equipment to include scanner, printer, copier, telephone and computer with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Utilize specialized software and systems to include smart tablets, map plotter, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, internal mapping system, SharePoint, grant tracking system, purchasing and financial system, web content management systems, GoogleEarth, Google Streetmap, Pictometry, and ESRI Business Analyst Online.
Primary Work Location: Office environment.
Environmental/Health and Safety Factors: Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Physical Demands: Continuously requires fine dexterity, sitting, vision, and hearing. Frequently requires talking. Occasionally requires standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, and twisting. Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; may exert up to 20 pounds; sitting most of the time.
Mental Demands: Constantly requires performing multiple tasks simultaneously. Frequently requires working closely with others. Occasionally requires time pressures, frequent change of tasks, tedious or exacting work, and irregular schedule or overtime.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
206 S. Main St Greenville, SC 29601