Economic Development Manager - Pasco EDC, Florida
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job Title: Economic Development Manager
Website Link: http://pascoedc.com/pasco-edc-employment-opportunity
Reports To: Vice President
Job Status: Full Time; Salaried
Summary: Under the leadership of the Vice President, the Economic Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of Business Retention and Expansion, International Business and Workforce Development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
- Develop and implement the business retention and expansion program activities
- Represent the Pasco EDC to the public and outside groups, organizations, and agencies; responds to a wide variety of questions, comments, and/or concerns from existing companies
- Execute day-to-day activities related to cultivating and maintaining quality relationships with existing businesses, including frequent visits and face-to-face interaction
- Identify, assess and connect workforce related needs to appropriate resources
- Document retention efforts through the company’s contact relationship management platform, a client-tracking database and other reporting platforms
- Assist companies with expansion needs through project management
- Assist in developing, preparing and maintaining a variety of records and reports related to assigned programs, including financial reports that summarize and/or outline incoming and outgoing funds
- Maintain relationships with international trade organizations and agencies on behalf of the Pasco EDC
- Provide export counseling services to companies and serve as International liaison to partnership with Global Tampa Bay
- Organize and manage logistics for outbound and inbound international missions
- Meet and maintain communication with other partner organizations in international efforts
- Facilitate international-focused events and educational discussions
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Marketing and customer service principles
- Budget administration principles
- Program coordination principles
- Commercial/industrial real estate development
- International trade/foreign direct investment
- Cold-call and network
- Take initiative and work independently as well as a team member
- Monitor budgets
- Meet deadlines
- Build strong relationships between the business community, local government and higher education
- Interpret complex documents
- Assess the outcomes of program initiatives
- Analyze methods and techniques
- Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Customer Relationship Management platform
- Speak/Understand a second language is a plus
Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Florida driver license
Must have at the time of hire a valid passport and be able to travel internationally without restrictions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. There will be occasional evening and/or weekend activities. Local and international travel is required.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason.