Economic Development Director, Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce
Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Director
The Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Economic Development Director who will organize and lead business recruitment, existing industry retention and expansion and project management liaison activities that support commercial, retail, office and industrial development in Prattville and Autauga County, Alabama. Responsibilities include the facilitation of development, redevelopment and maintenance of business and industrial parks, facilities and infrastructure, the retention and attraction assistance to domestic and international businesses, the coordination of marketing activities related to publications, advertising and website data and providing assistance with activities related to the procurement of grants for industrial park infrastructure. This position will coordinate with local, county, state and federal elected officials, private developers, engineering and construction firms and others to develop and maintain property and projects that meet economic development goals in Prattville and Autauga County. This position reports to the President of the Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Attract and assist domestic and international businesses including the development of incentives, business assistance, retention, expansion, workforce development and financing
- Respond to proposals and inquiries by companies, consultants, state allies and others looking for available land or buildings in Prattville and/or Autauga County
- Organize and lead the Chamber’s existing industry visitation and support initiatives
- In support of the City of Prattville and Autauga County as requested, assist in the planning, development and redevelopment of industrial/commercial parks, facilities and infrastructure related to such parks and facilities
- Participate in the conceptual development of an economic development strategic plan including the setting of goals and objectives for the Economic Development Committee
- Recruit and recommend community partners and volunteers for the Economic Development Committee
- Assist as needed the Prattville IDB, the Autauga County IDA and other public bodies in structuring abatements, incentives and other similar activities in order to grow the Prattville and Autauga County industrial base and in the negotiation and procurement of land and land options
- Coordinate research activities that include the City and County strengths and trends in an effort to recruit and land projects
- Solicit development proposals and negotiate development contracts and plans with private developer
- Meet, coordinate and speak with citizen committees, special interest groups, non-profit organizations and neighborhood groups concerning economic development issues
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with all public and private partners at a level that ensures a high probability of successful economic development efforts
- Coordinate career tech activities in conjunction with the Chamber’s objectives in education and workforce development goals
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel as required
- Other duties as required and assigned by the President
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in economic development, marketing, public or business administration, or a related field
- Must have a minimum of (5) years of professional experience with an emphasis in economic development, public or commercial development, or project
- Must be a current member of and active in Economic Development related organizations with emphasis on levels of responsibility in these organizations. Completion of Economic Development Institute and certification is
- Must demonstrate success of recruitment and retention of businesses in communities of past service along with excellent negotiation skills. Experience managing economic development projects, dealing with real estate transactions and private developers as well as engineering and design is preferred
- Must be results oriented and be accountable for measurable
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, good decision-making skills and excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills. Must be a self-starter and must be able to work well in and contribute to a team environment.
- Must be able to portray a professional image within the organization and with the public through conduct, attitude and dress. Has frequent contacts with Chamber leadership, chamber membership, community leaders and elected officials and must develop and maintain relationships. Maintains a professional demeanor and provides accurate, timely information to all Expected to be open, responsive and accountable while serving the public with integrity.
- Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel. Familiarity with database management is
- Must be available for Chamber and Community events outside of normal business hours. Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS approved rate for use of personal vehicle for job related or out of town
Please submit a cover letter and resume to EDsearch@prattvillechamber.com no later than close of business on June 21, 2019.