Director, Project Operations - Virginia Economic Development Partnership
DIRECTOR, PROJECT OPERATIONS
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced manufacturing training professional to help build, lead, and manage a new world-class Workforce Solutions Division within VEDP. The goal is to create a top ranked program to compete with the existing industry leaders, Georgia Quick Start and Louisiana FastStart.
The core deliverables will be new-hire training and workforce selection services that are fully customized to a client company’s unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards. These services will be part of a comprehensive suite which includes training in leadership, collaboration skills, quality systems, and automation technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the world’s most prestigious companies as they deploy leading edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years.
The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Workforce Solutions. In addition to leading and managing the program’s customized training and project management operations, the Director will be a key member of the division’s executive team, helping to mold the strategies, operating model, staff and culture of this new organization.
- Direct the design, development and delivery of training that is highly customized to each client company’s unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards.
- Hire and lead a team of Instructional Designer/Project Managers responsible for developing and delivering the above training services.
- Develop a pool of contract trainers to supplement in-house instructional design capabilities.
- Lead project kick-off meetings to plan detailed client need assessments. Approve the proposed project scope and manage future scope change requests.
- Ensure that the VCCS partner is engaged and remains informed and involved in each project.
- Maintain relationships with the client’s leadership team and support the Project Manager to ensure all deadlines are met and that all VEDP deliverables are highly valued by the client.
- Direct the design, development and delivery of a suite of modules that will serve as the program’s core offerings in safety awareness training, lift vehicle operations, precision measurement, cranes & rigging and related topics.
- Develop budgets and monitor spending.
- Collaborative manager who inspires innovation, delivers results and is able to leverage opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Verbal and written communication expertise
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- At least 5 years of experience leading the design, development and delivery of training in leadership, collaboration skill, and/or other professional development subject topics
- Experience developing and delivering training in quality and productivity enhancement systems a plus
- Project leadership and management, working within external/internal cross-functional teams
- Experience in an organization whose services include developing and delivering organizational development training for external clients
- Division/department management, resource allocation, and project delegation
- Private-sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firm(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. A work portfolio may be requested of short-listed applicants. Application deadline: July 5, 2019.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120