Director Business Development - Brunswick & Glynn County Development Authority , GA
Open Position: Director Business Development
The Brunswick & Glynn County Development Authority (Authority) is seeking a dynamic leader to join the organization as the Director of Business Development (DBD). The DBD will be responsible for creating and executing an aggressive business development plan. In coordination with the Authority team, this individual will work to attract investment to Glynn County.
The Authority is a constitutionally created Authority and prioritizes aviation, logistics, and advanced manufacturing. The Authority owns over 1,000 acres of property and markets many industrial and reuse sites in the County.
Home to over 160,000 people, the Brunswick MSA is a growing region along the beautiful coast of Georgia. With a rich history in manufacturing and a thriving tourism sector, opportunities abound for growth and prosperity.
Glynn County is globally connected and is home to the Port of Brunswick, the 2nd busiest auto port in the nation; the Brunswick Golden Isles Airport, with three commercial flights to ATL daily; four interchanges on Interstate 95; two Class I Mainline Railroads; is an hour from both the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport and JAX, with flights to any destination; and is an hour from both the Port of Savannah and the Port of Jacksonville.
The area is also a tourist destination with more than three million annual visitors. Home to St. Simons Island, Little St. Simons Island, Sea Island, Jekyll Island, and a thriving downtown in Brunswick, Georgia, we get to work where others only get to vacation.
Interested parties should send resume′ and cover letter to Ryan Moore, President, at email@example.com.
Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development (DBD) reports directly to the President. S/he will represent Glynn County as the best location to do business with investors, businesses, government entities and other key stakeholders. The DBD will work to drive business attraction and retention to Glynn County.
Specifically, the DBD is responsible for the following:
- Manage and direct the development of leads, proposals and site visits locally and
- Work with the President and Existing Industry Coordinator to develop a strategic plan to tell the Glynn county story locally and globally in order to continue to attract and retain companies in Glynn
- Build local partnerships to provide appropriate and timely attraction, expansion and retention best practices
- Organize and conduct visits to corporations having facilities in Glynn County and headquartered in other
- Promote and market the region through trade shows, conferences, market visits, and other assignments as deemed
- Coordinate RFI/RFP
- Conduct out of state marketing visits to develop relationships with companies, corporate leaders, real estate brokers and site
- Assist companies with incentive options and applicable business
- Provide technical assistance and support to local partners, stakeholders, and companies as requested.
- Assist with review and negotiation of
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote Glynn
- Respond to inquiries from prospective and existing businesses, brokers, property
- Attend local business and community events and trade
- Manage relationships with lead generation
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial real estate brokers, property developers, utility providers, site selectors, and other
- Provide information and/or make presentations to businesses, individuals, and the general public on economic development and workforce issues, available assistance programs, services, and other key community assets, plans, and
- Maintain familiarity with the existing inventory of available industrial buildings and development sites within the
- Discuss options and advise stakeholders regarding development obstacles, growth and expansion opportunities, and provide business assistance program
- Coordinate workforce development activities with appropriate
- Performs other duties as
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in public or business administration, economics, business development, or related
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience performing successful economic or business development and redevelopment efforts, and/or business/industry attraction, retention and expansion programs, or an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local government and civic leaders, business representatives and leaders, employees and staff of various diverse business and community organizations, as well as the general
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Must possess a valid driver's
- Must be able to obtain a United States
- Must be able to
A competitive compensation package will be made available to the qualified candidate.