Economic Development Executive Director
The Hub of South Central Texas
Yoakum is located in South Central Texas, and is centrally located between Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, and San Antonio. It is uniquely positioned in both DeWitt and Lavaca Counties. Hwy 77-A serves as Yoakum's major corridor traveling north and south; Hwy 111 serves to connect Yoakum to Hwy 183 and Hwy 77 traveling east and west.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
The position is focused on development of an economic development campaign that builds upon and maintains existing local business development, pursues the development of business relocation or expansion, and furthers community development initiatives within the trade area of the City of Yoakum. Read more
- Develop/coordinate Annual Work Plan to achieve City's economic development goals and objectives
- Assist and/or develop strategies for small business development and retention of existing City businesses Read more
- Ability to perform at a high level of independence
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing,
- Skills in preparing and making presentations, in both formal and informal settings to various size groups with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to develop and implement defined short and long range goals of the YEDC
- Bachelor's degree in economic development, public or business administration, marketing, finance, economics, or related field; or five or more years of current and progressive experience in economic or community development.
- Economic Development experience in a rural community.
- Graduate of a Basic Economic Development Course, accredited by the International Economic Development Council.Additional certification and/or course work is a plus. (CEcD, EDFP or PCED encouraged to apply)
- Grant Writing experience is a plus Read more
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $60 - 80,000 Depending on qualifications and experience
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, current resume and at least five work related references including contact numbers by Friday, October 24, 2014 by 5:00 PM.
Submit resumes to: Johnson & Associates; c/o Yoakum EDC Search; 8303 Tecumseh Drive, Austin, TX 78753-5745 or Susi@JAToday.com
For complete information visit JAToday.com