Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. We own and operate power plants, and are the second-largest nuclear generator in the United States. This position will be located in New Orleans, LA.
Dir, Economic Development
Req # 3084
Salary: $ 119,000- $179,000
Directs and oversees business development strategy to grow the utilityâ€™s industrial business segment while strongly supporting the broader economic development objectives of each individual Entergy Operating Company (OpCo). Establish and maintain strong relationships with OpCo business leaders to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions through lead generation, analytical, technical, contract and sales support services to attract new business and grow revenues within the Entergy footprint.
- Support the OpCos efforts to increase revenue & profitability through programs that support new business attraction, retention, and expansion activities in the Entergy footprint.
- Develop and implement programs that brand Entergy as a utility leader in economic development.
- In conjunction with OpCo leadership, develop and implement business development strategies designed to identify industry trends, discover project opportunities, and generate leads in targeted industries with large electrical load.
- Provide contract and technical specialty services that support business expansion and retention revenues for the large industrial customer segment.
- Program development to support delivery of community demographics, community comparisons, workforce analysis, sites and buildings database, GIS-based mapping, suitability analysis, electrical infrastructure and capacity analysis, and site development and certification.
- Typically requires a BS in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, Public Administration or related field, MBA highly desirable
- Minimum Requirements-Experience: 8+ years in leadership roles, preferably in economic development, marketing or customer service
- Certified Economic Developer or equivalent
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Apply online at:
Click on job postings and enter Job Requisition Number #3084
Entergy offers excellent benefits including relocation, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and more. Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.